Best piece of reloading of equipment u have

Another piece of excellent load equipment: Ballistic Tools primer pocket gauge. Picked both sizes up from Midsouth Shooters Supply a couple months ago. They are worth the small price to check pockets for expansion, quickly.
1562175840847376262266.jpg

Began reloading in high school, back in 1953. Bought Hollywood equipment (long, long ago). Loaded for 30.06. Using basic stuff shot groups 1 1/2" at 100 yds, very happy since factory ammo wouldn't do that well. Gradually reduced groups to 1", being very careful. Bought Redding and RCBS dies. As calibers increased, bought the dies and continued to shoot 1" 3-shot groups. Hit deer, elk, moose, caribou, antelope. Went to Africa (.375 H& H and 7mm Rem Mag) and, still shooting 1" 3-shot groups killed everything with one shot. THEN I began reading what you guys are saying and began to feel I was out in the cold. But realistically, my loading has been just right for my hunting. And my budget never noticed it.

A media separator. Cheap and worth it weight in gold when it come to separating the media from your cases. I spent the first couple of years with out one and it sucked getting the media out. About 10 or so spins and no media in the cases. Just have to inspect the primer holes for stuck media.

I have a couple of pieces of equipment that I find very helpful and worth their costs. The first is the RCBS ChargeMaster, I find it is a bit slow when dispensing powder but would not do without it. The second piece of equipment that I have found "VERY" helpful loading 45-70 loads is a Lee Factory Crimp die. If anyone loads straight walled cases or cartridges requiring a crimp, the Lee Factory Crimp Die is worth every cent; like $20!! I've been messing the taper crimp in the Hornady seating die, could not really get it the way that I wanted, ruined a few cases (buckled) trying to get the crimp just right. The tool is easy to set up and easy to use, giving factory crimps right out of the box.

Last edited:
Redding T7, Redding and Foster dies, Annealez, Wet tumbler, Lyman universal decapping die and Little Crow world best trimmers. I would be hard pressed to say which one is the best. There are others but these are my favorite. Wilson case gauges, Digital calipers and the Lyman Case prep station. O and electronic scale mine is Hornady.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.