Best long range target firearm

Until you added big bore to your list of requirements, I would have said 6GT or the proverbial 6.5CM if you must. Like many gave said, they are perfectly capable to 1k yds and easier on thr shoulder and purse. If you are looking big bore, 50BMG and 338 LM are the US military go to big boys. I am building a modified 33 Nosler (kind of PRC'ed out to 3.600". I can't wait to see what it will do.

Folks, I appreciate absolutely ever piece of information here. All the great knowledge on this site has filled up my research folder in my brain. A lot of stuff is out of reach here in canada, also a lot of this stuff is way beyond my level of firearm knowledge. I have no Idea about reloading. I like the challenge of long range targets, not so much animals as any fool can hit a target that big lol, the Tim Hortons cup is a different ball of wax. It seams the 30-378 has the numbers of a long range weapon. A readily available produced firearm. No its not the best nor is it my first choice but the numbers don't lie.
Bartlein barrels? Is this the top of the line barrell these days? Any input is greatly appreciated

I think the 375 cheytac would fit the bill as well as any other big bore needed for the longest ranges needed. Not sure I'd shoot game at those ranges but that's just me. Personally my 338 is as big a cartridge that I need for the longest ranges I'd consider shooting an animal.

Your correct sir. Hunting is a personal preference of caliber. I'm a head shot guy so my preference is a 220 swift or my 257 wm. A 338 caliber is realistically a cannon..my 338 rum is my baby. I have taken elk well over 1000 yards with this firearm. It's purely for as long of range as possible. Now if I'm up at the cottage Hunting lol a long shot is what we all strive for.

Your correct sir. Hunting is a personal preference of caliber. I'm a head shot guy so my preference is a 220 swift or my 257 wm. A 338 caliber is realistically a cannon..my 338 rum is my baby. I have taken elk well over 1000 yards with this firearm. It's purely for as long of range as possible. Now if I'm up at the cottage Hunting lol a long shot is what we all strive for.
Wow this Cheytec is one impressive looking piece. 14k American! Unfortunately all these savvy plastic looking snap click flip guns are silly looking! Cheap looking but not cheap🤣 I'm a solid color or wood stock dude. These John Rambo wanna be pieces are not for me. Wow some very impressive ballistics indeed.

I am trying to find the best Long range cartridge. I know it varies throughout the grain sizes. I have the 220 swift, 300 wsm, 338 and 375 ultra mag and a lol 458 win mag. I'm wondering is there a hands down long range caliper?
I noticed the dude talking about hunting elk with the 460 weatherby!!!
All hamburger with a side order of bullet spice.
You have asked a good question but you need to give more information as sierriacharlie338 stated. After those questions are answered then the best caliber can be determined.

You have asked a good question but you need to give more information as sierriacharlie338 stated. After those questions are answered then the best caliber can be determined.
Long range target,bolt action,no brake! 30 cal or bigger.

Rifle builds vary. The use of polymers and anodized aluminum is the newest in components and preferred for many reasons. I prefer a good action, custom stock and heavy steel barrel for my large caliber rifles. Weight is your friend with a rifle like this for both accuracy and comfort in shooting. Nothing lightweight for me. I shoot much better with a heavy rifle than lightweight. The 408, 416 Cheytac and 50 BMG are step ups but not needed IMO.

I've shot my 338 Lapua improved without it's brake 28 times max before deciding i must not be the man other people claim they are. Shooting 300 grain bullets from a cartridge that holds 107 grains of powder isn't for recoil sensitive people. With the brake on, it's like shooting a 308 with 180 grain bullets. I wear hearing protection and use the brake when hunting with that rifle. No reason not too.

I am trying to find the best Long range cartridge. I know it varies throughout the grain sizes. I have the 220 swift, 300 wsm, 338 and 375 ultra mag and a lol 458 win mag. I'm wondering is there a hands down long range caliper?
I noticed the dude talking about hunting elk with the 460 weatherby!!!
All hamburger with a side order of bullet spice.
What do you consider long range with these large calibers?

Can I ask if you are only target shooting why 30 caliber or larger with no break. Why not smaller caliber that can still perform long range target shooting but much less powder, if you are a reloader? If it has to be .30 caliber or larger then IMO I would go 338.

Can I ask if you are only target shooting why 30 caliber or larger with no break. Why not smaller caliber that can still perform long range target shooting but much less powder, if you are a reloader? If it has to be .30 caliber or larger then IMO I would go 338.
Read post 115