Best long range target firearm

glimmer

I am trying to find the best Long range cartridge. I know it varies throughout the grain sizes. I have the 220 swift, 300 wsm, 338 and 375 ultra mag and a lol 458 win mag. I'm wondering is there a hands down long range caliper?
I noticed the dude talking about hunting elk with the 460 weatherby!!!
All hamburger with a side order of bullet spice.

I am trying to find the best Long range cartridge. I know it varies throughout the grain sizes. I have the 220 swift, 300 wsm, 338 and 375 ultra mag and a lol 458 win mag. I'm wondering is there a hands down long range caliper?
Oh shooooo......Would that be 5 calibers divided into # of members = ? 🥴

I am trying to find the best Long range cartridge. Of all the cartridges available or the ones you list as owning?

I know it varies throughout the grain sizes. What varies throughout the grain sizes? Are you asking about bullet grain weight, and if so are you wanting it for how many cartridges?

I'm wondering is there a hands down long range caliper? Are you asking about caliber or cartridge? Factory cartridges.....as in any factory cartridge or factory cartridges available today?
Want to help provide my opinions just did not want to blather on about things you are not asking about.

Unless you use an easily fragmenting bullet, let's say something designed for use in a 45-70 or similar…… you'd be surprised with the lack of tissue destruction created by the Weatherby, unless you hit heavy bone or push one through the shoulders. Even then a high velocity, frangible bullet of much smaller caliber will likely cause more soft tissue trauma (bloodshot) ! memtb

Shoot the farthest I guess. The 338 remington ultra mag is my favorite but it's a strange piece to work with. As you know it's a necked down 404 Jeffries to accept the 338. It has an aftermarket barrel and work Done to it at Long range, it will easily take a soda can at 1000 yards with good optics. This is done with 180 g bullets tather then 220 grain.I feel there is better out there to achieve this.