Best long range target firearm

The 7 PRC cartridge is a good long range shooter.
Not the 'best', but good.
Define your idea of long?
And when the bullet gets there, what do you expect it to do?
If you want to drop a moose, bear, or bison at 800 yards, look no further, the 7 PRC will make you smile.
If you just want to plink targets at 2000 yards, it would not be my first choice.

deer-eats-popcorn_keep going.gif

Shoot the farthest I guess. The 338 remington ultra mag is my favorite but it's a strange piece to work with. As you know it's a necked down 404 Jeffries to accept the 338. It has an aftermarket barrel and work Done to it at Long range, it will easily take a soda can at 1000 yards with good optics. This is done with 180 g bullets tather then 220 grain.I feel there is better out there to achieve this.

You posted this while I was typing.
Search Rigby rifles, then pick the one right for you.
Built to shoot far as their goal.
Someday, just for fun, I want a Rigby 600 Nitro Express.

I am trying to find the best Long range cartridge. I know it varies throughout the grain sizes. I have the 220 swift, 300 wsm, 338 and 375 ultra mag and a lol 458 win mag. I'm wondering is there a hands down long range caliper?
I noticed the dude talking about hunting elk with the 460 weatherby!!!
All hamburger with a side order of bullet spice.
I did not come here to make trouble or bring the idiots out to make themselves look good. Insecurities are humor! Thanks. I like long guns,most are for hunting. I Canadian so the selection is limited. I own lots of hunting rifles but no big name brand firearms as those are not available up here.if you need to talk shift or act childish please ignore my post! Use someone else to make yourself look good. Il just report and block you. I am only here for information on long range shooting! Is that what this page is for? Perhaps I have joined the kiddos bb and pellets play house!

Th
The 7 PRC cartridge is a good long range shooter.
Not the 'best', but good.
Define your idea of long?
And when the bullet gets there, what do you expect it to do?
If you want to drop a moose, bear, or bison at 800 yards, look no further, the 7 PRC will make you smile.
If you just want to plink targets at 2000 yards, it would not be

I did not come here to make trouble or bring the idiots out to make themselves look good. Insecurities are humor! Thanks. I like long guns,most are for hunting. I Canadian so the selection is limited. I own lots of hunting rifles but no big name brand firearms as those are not available up here.if you need to talk shift or act childish please ignore my post! Use someone else to make yourself look good. Il just report and block you. I am only here for information on long range shooting! Is that what this page is for? Perhaps I have joined the kiddos bb and pellets play house!
You can pretty much get anything in Canada that you see to the south in bolt action . If it's not sold up here directly you can use a importer to bring it across for you which you'd pay a fee .
If you don't want one of the higher end factory rifles your best bet is to find a reputable gun Smith and have one made custom to what you want.

Last edited:
Thank you very much.
There is no comparison. The 6.5 creed should only be handled by highly trained personal. It's a highly capable cartridge with no limits. When not handled properly bad things can happen.
Hahaha. Yes I know the sick.**** is the greatest!

You can pretty much get anything in Canada that you see to the south in bolt action . If it's not sold up here directly you can use a importer to bring it across for you which you'd pay a fee .
If you don't want one of the higher end factory rifles your best bet is to find a reputable gun Smith and have one made custom to what you want.
I wish this were true buddy. I have been trying to get a sharps rifle for a few years with no success. I tried to get a 505 Jeffries but there was no way to do this. I like weatherby but it take 2 years to get those.

I wish this were true buddy. I have been trying to get a sharps rifle for a few years with no success. I tried to get a 505 Jeffries but there was no way to do this. I like weatherby but it take 2 years to get those.
Okay , are we not talking for long range anymore ?
And what Weatherby are you wanting ? And also are you a hand loader ?

The 378 is a animal but I don't think I'd call it a great long range cartridge unless your talking inside of 600 yards. You would have a poor selection of bullets for long range (600+)
Weatherby ammo is way to expensive once you add a 378 to the number.
I do know where there is a nice 30-378 though if you must have a Weatherby.
It would be a better choice for going long in my opinion.

Here is the link

The 378 is a animal but I don't think I'd call it a great long range cartridge unless your talking inside of 600 yards. You would have a poor selection of bullets for long range (600+)
Weatherby ammo is way to expensive once you add a 378 to the number.
I do know where there is a nice 30-378 though if you must have a Weatherby.
It would be a better choice for going long in my opinion.

Here is the link
Thank you very much sir. I appreciate your knowledge.