Best long range target firearm

I'm immature! That's OK. There seams to be a sort of misunderstanding. I'm only 48 as well as an engineer. I guess in fact I misunderstanding the group by taking it for granted members understood the mechanics of chamber energy generation as well as propulsion aspects. The trig is only physics. Yes I am very aware of the firearm manufacturer's. Most posts mention chilli tech guns. The site administration should be booting these members with derogatory & morbid comments. Lmao on could say go #%&% yours but site rules are in place. Clearly the site has uneducated rednecks trying to add their nonsense. Shhh adults are talking. Take your chilli tech and shove the rate up your arse. Hahaha I'm at your level.
That is definitely a very mature response.

I'm immature! That's OK. There seams to be a sort of misunderstanding. I'm only 48 as well as an engineer. I guess in fact I misunderstanding the group by taking it for granted members understood the mechanics of chamber energy generation as well as propulsion aspects. The trig is only physics. Yes I am very aware of the firearm manufacturer's. Most posts mention chilli tech guns. The site administration should be booting these members with derogatory & morbid comments. Lmao on could say go #%&% yours but site rules are in place. Clearly the site has uneducated rednecks trying to add their nonsense. Shhh adults are talking. Take your chilli tech and shove the rate up your arse. Hahaha I'm at your level.
You did not help yourself at all with this post lol

One day someone is going to show me where this gods gift to shooting world 6.5 creedmore is so great. 7mm-08 will do anything it does and 7mm mag will do more. As will a lot older calibers. 6.5 has less recoil so less flinch. I always thought a good shooter didn't flinch from a little recoil.

IMO it is over hyped about like the public view of 9mm handguns. Hey everyone shoot what you like and enjoy but the numbers do not back up all of the claims of greatness

Last edited:
Holy, I gotta get to doing something productive. I just had to check out the previous posts and I just started laughing. Not sure if I fall in the redneck pile or engineer pile. I have coffee about every day with a farmer, public works, engineer, and a 6th grade educated Marine Vietnam Vet from Florida who grew up hunting and fishing the swamps. If he is a redneck then all of us but the engineer are rednecks. Who actually has the most knowledge and skills on how to pretty much do anything in life from picking noses to rebuilding machinery......it sure is not one of us. We are an eclectic bunch and laugh a lot.

After some checking on 6.5 creedmoor. It looses to 7mm-08 and 308 win by slightest amounts.Looses to 270 by good amount and 7mm mag kills it. 6.5x55 swede equal
Win at what? If you're shooting elk at 300 yards the 308 wins, but steel at 1200 the creed beats the 308 handily and with less recoil. And I'm the biggest 308 fan around.

hoew does it beat 308 .Even with 25 (165 vs 140)gr more bullet the 308 is only 11" lower and pretty sure with 140 gr to 140 gr that would be almost dead even. now that is at 1000 yrd. Yes 11" is alot but when you are talking allowing for 350 plus drop what is another 11". I guess the 6.5 Creedmoor just defies all of the calculators. 308 is very lite recoil as is. I do not understand why everyone i9s so jerked off over few pounds of recoil. Hell been shooting 7mag for 35 years and at 59 with shoulder surgery a year ago I have no problem with it. Surgery from lifting 400 lb bench press in younger days not shooting.

Now if look at 7mm-0 it is actually 80" less drop at 1200 yrds both with 140 gr accubond. And has lil more smack. If you go by the numbers it is good round just not a falt shooting as most have been led to believe.

Op mask for best long range round. IMO there are alot of choice to do the job and good amount are noot 6.5 Creedmoor. I would go with one of the bada$$ 7mm's like weatherby,Shooting times western if ammo avail. no issue. If want mild kick but some energy and off shelf ammo. 7mm rem mag,300 mag, Shoot flat, very mild kick 7mm-08 but will loose some knock down.If same as Creedmoor but not newest hot ticket 6.5 x 55 Swede Mauser again ammo issue if not reloading. Why follow the leader who is just following latest map?

Clearly with all of the shooting that you guys do you are undoubtedly the cause of global warming. With all of that carbon emission coming from the end of your muzzle, I'm surprised that this administration hasn't attacked this forum. Everyone knows that the only GREEN cartridge is the 6.5 Creedmoor and is going to save the world!! haha

I said 308 win and was asked what win. I just shorted winchester in the comment. 6.5 does not loose all th way around, but it is not a winner in quite a few areas it is touted as the best there is, It is pretty much just smaller bullet in 308 case with some tweaking. When you look at numbers yes it loses in quite a few areas. Not bad round just another round.Over hyped round but still has its place and it is not out front.