Best lightweight rear shooting bag

I use a combination of bipod, backpack and rolled up rain gear/poncho depending on terrain and setup.

Rolled up rain gear is frog toggs variety or multi-purpose military poncho.
That's what I did and sometimes do if necessary, because a lot of the bags mentioned in this thread are a little too heavy for some back country trips. As a rear bag, I have played with using all sorts of things in my pack. Some type of clothing was always easiest, but was never as easy as a bag for me.

Ultimately, having a bag is easier, especially as the distance extends. That's why we made an ultralight option at just 2.5 ounces.

What do you guys run in the field?
I've had good success using a dry bag filled with airsoft beads. Have never weighed it so I cannot help on that data point but it sure works well and it has never gotten saturated with water enough to create mold etc and I live in the Pac NW.

Erik

We primarily hunt Coues deer. This can require longer shots requiring steady rifles. My family has been carrying Phoenix Shooting Bags products for years. Very light weight, very tough, made in the USA.

Go hunt is running a sale, however some sizes are out of stock

Lightest bag on the market 2.5 ounces, and the Triple S pillow are on sale for 20% off and in stock if anyone is looking before a hunt.

If you don't love it, send it back for a refund!

www.lswild.com

I use a small bag I made out of some material I had laying around. it weighs about half a pound. I made it to the height I need. I'm more worried about a stable shooting platform than a little bit of weight

20% sale at www.lswild.com for our ultralight bags and pillows. Check out the reviews. We are not a new company any more and growing.

Give the site a look over and give the products a chance. PM if you don't like something and want a refund. No question asked.

Thanks for your support and consideration.

Had one of these laying around for a decade at least
about to rip it open and take out the plastic bbs the bag came with and put some of my extra spex lite 5524b in it. Still have maybe 3 gallon bags of that ultra light spexlite in the shop, it's stupid light stuff