Best hunting scope

The only thing I worry about is the uncovered windage knob. My zeiss v6 moved on me and it cost me a pretty nice bull a couple of years ago. It makes me nervous
Well that definitely justifies your worries. I think thats a total personal thing that only you can decide. I was also worried of this and avoided the March originally because of that exact reason. But after having it and handling it, I'm not worried nearly as much. It's super low profile and a pretty hard turning turret.

Well that definitely justifies your worries. I think thats a total personal thing that only you can decide. I was also worried of this and avoided the March originally because of that exact reason. But after having it and handling it, I'm not worried nearly as much. It's super low profile and a pretty hard turning turret.
I have to agree here. I've had turrets move in the past on high profile easy turning turrets sliding in and out of scabbards or against a seat.

I have 2 March scopes and the turrets are very low profile and difficult to turn. I can't imagine them turning accidentally, but it is possible. Good luck with your decision, I look forward to what you decide on.

Never had a problem getting to 1000yards with my zeiss v4 or vx5 and they are fairly light compared to some. They might not be as fancy as some of the scopes mentioned on this thread but they work for me and they are simple.
I have a Zeiss V6 and it's a great scope, But I think I want a covered windage turret.

I have to agree here. I've had turrets move in the past on high profile easy turning turrets sliding in and out of scabbards or against a seat.

I have 2 March scopes and the turrets are very low profile and difficult to turn. I can't imagine them turning accidentally, but it is possible. Good luck with your decision, I look forward to what you decide on.
I'm with you guys. Not sure how that turret would turn accidentally. It would have to be a hard enough hit that I would be checking things out before I shot.

I'm with you guys. Not sure how that turret would turn accidentally. It would have to be a hard enough hit that I would be checking things out before I shot.
Believe it or not all I had to do was slide it in and out of my gun scabbard and that's all she wrote. I was using my scabbard for storage in our tent. My turret was 15 inches left when I checked it after my trip. I know the rifle was dead on before the trip. I had never had exposed turrets before. I learned a hard lesson. I think that just settled it for me. I am going with the NF . Thanks to everyone for all of their valuable input. You only get so many chances a t good animals. I'm done taking chances 🤠

Believe it or not all I had to do was slide it in and out of my gun scabbard and that's all she wrote. I was using my scabbard for storage in our tent. My turret was 15 inches left when I checked it after my trip. I know the rifle was dead on before the trip. I had never had exposed turrets before. I learned a hard lesson. I think that just settled it for me. I am going with the NF . Thanks to everyone for all of their valuable input. You only get so many chances a t good animals. I'm done taking chances 🤠
Still a good choice! I don't think you'll regret it.

Another good option is a Leupold Mark 5 3.6x18 —don't like the reticle options but the glass is good and capped windage is nice it's more than the Maven options but less than the TT I mentioned earlier

I'm a FFP guy—on SFP lots of good options Swarovski X5s, Z8i, Zeiss V8 I like Schmidt and bender scopes but they tend to be on the heavier side for a hunting scope.

I played around with Tract Toric UHD and liked it—it was around $1100 and the glass was good and turrets ok—definitely good for the price points. I also like the Vortex LHT again someone mentioned them earlier—not in the same class as the super high end stuff—but very serviceable at the price.

Looks like you made your decision—NF makes some good stuff—hope you get your optic you want.

Another good option is a Leupold Mark 5 3.6x18 —don't like the reticle options but the glass is good and capped windage is nice it's more than the Maven options but less than the TT I mentioned earlier

I'm a FFP guy—on SFP lots of good options Swarovski X5s, Z8i, Zeiss V8 I like Schmidt and bender scopes but they tend to be on the heavier side for a hunting scope.

I played around with Tract Toric UHD and liked it—it was around $1100 and the glass was good and turrets ok—definitely good for the price points. I also like the Vortex LHT again someone mentioned them earlier—not in the same class as the super high end stuff—but very serviceable at the price.

Looks like you made your decision—NF makes some good stuff—hope you get your optic you want

Looks like you made your decision—NF makes some good stuff—hope you get your optic you want.
Thanks, for your input. I think the NX8 will be a good option for me.