Best/Favorite bullet puller?

RCBS puller with Several Collets for every caliber I Load for! Never an issue ! Works Well Every time Going on close to 50 Years !

I have the RCBS inertia puller, a hornady collet puller, and the grip-n-pull. I like the grip-in-pull best out of all since I don't have to keep up with all the collets for each caliber. The other thing is that I don't pull many bullets therefore it is quick and simple to use the grip-n-pull. I highly recommend it.

one more^ for Grip & Pull it does not (marr) the bullet. 99.9% of the time I can reuse bullets

I'll have to try some of these suggestions. I've been using the Lyman inertia but a good whack with it and the rims get bent and cannot be reused. Either that or I just have too much neck tension.

I love my RCBS collet puller. In a pinch I have used a 3/4 inch washer over the press threads and use a pliers held vertical on the bullet. You don't need a lot of pressure on the pliers because they will slip into the washer hole and the loaded round going down will actually tighten the pliers. Can leave marks, but if it's 1 or 2 it's quick. Always have a washer on the dresser next to my bench.

I am curious about the gas check question asked earlier. Don't know if I missed it or if no one answered.

For years I ran the shell up through and gripped with a set of sharp diagonal cutters and pulled the bullet.
Then I went to an inertia RCBS (Hammer Puller) for several years. One of the 4 pieces moulded inside broke and it messed the end of pistol bullets up till I drilled it out and put foam in it. Went to Cabela's thought I would pick up a new puller. I had used a friends RCBS collet and did not care for guess tightening The collet to make sure the bullet pulled.
Looked at the Hornady collet puller. To the engineering part of my brain it was happy. When you snug the collet down on the bullet, And pull the collet will self tighten till the bullet pulls. I really like it for pulling small light bullets with no damage. I got .22, 243, .270, .30 and .338 collets with it. I like the Hornady Puller.

QUESTION ABOUT GAS CHECK BULLET PULLING.
I load and shoot several cast bullets in my hunting rifles and have tore down a few Gas Check Bullets.
Hard bullets with the Crimp On Hornady Gas Checks pull pretty good.
I have not had very good luck with the Lyman Gas Checks, Many slide off the bullet and stick in the case neck once in while. And have to be shoved down in the case and are get out, To pour powder out.
I only buy Crimp On Hornady Gas Checks now.

Just as an aside, I believe RCBS continues to replace, for free, any of it's inertia bullet pullers that have been bashed a bit too hard, a few too many times. Ok, granted it was a long time ago, so check with RCBS to be sure but as I continue to use my 30 year old one, I have another new, replacement puller that hasn't seen more than a couple or 7 uses in that time!
Cheers,
crkckr

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.