Best factory rifle?

Savage ultralight. I own 3 and all shoot bug holes plus I own 1 custom rifle built on a savage action. Love them all. My brother recently purchased the Savage ultralight in 28 nosler and it shot bullet holes with 175 gr. Noslers.

OK, my 2 cents on most accurate main stream production rifle
having had a gun shop where I sold packaged rifles/scope combo's and or just sighted rifles in for customers that asked for it, I used to shoot a few hundred rifles a yr for many yrs
what I mostly discovered and keep in mind I was using basic factory ammo and NOT fine tuning a load to find most accurate set up
BUT typically the most accurate on average rifles were savage, seconded to rem 700's
if I had 25 of each of rem or Savage, they tended to shoot the most consistent in smaller group sizes (5 shot groups)

when it came to other brands like Ruger, Win, Browning, Tika, Sako Mossberg ,Marlin, TC and the common brands l , they seemed to be very and please take with a grain of salt and I mean NO bash here, just what I noticed! they seemed very hit and miss, meaning either they shot VERY good or didn;t !
when it came to Weatherby's, they were honestly my worse in accuracy on AVERAGE, and I don't; care if they were USA made Germany made or any where else made one's!, I am sure I will offend some with this, but its just what I experienced having shot a few hundred factory rifles and , or many many yrs! AMMO< riffles a yr
NOW I will also say this , I have shot several of each brand(minus Weathertby I was just never able to shoot one that did this on FACTORY ammo) , ) that shot some super tiny groups out of the box with factory ammo
I have also shot some of EACH and EVERY brand that shot some extremely poor groups!

but after a shooting a several hundred factory rifles a yr, my vote goes to Em 700's and the Savage rifles, as a FACT I would maybe even say the Savage brand rifles shot the BEST of all on average
take as you wish I am no brand loyal or brand bashing or pushing any
just what I observed having shot so many!
100 yards off a very good rest with dozens of different brands ammo, rifles and Scopes over a 10+ yr period!

I will also say that over the yrs, I did see changes in some brands, where things that seemed BETTER got worse and vise versa,
I would also say some times it was like pick of the litter, taking 4-5 of same set ups out and having difference results out of them, as in one might shoot sub 1 MOA and rest shoot 3 MOA? or the other way!
when all things were the same, brand rifle, caliber, ammo, scope mounts weather conditions and so on,
when dealing with anything that runs down a production line , things change as they go, from IN spec to what THEY consider OUT of spec
which IMO is what causes things to vary even when dealing with exact same make model
so, my 2 cents,

I plan on "building" a rifle, and by building I mean upgrading What I deem necessary whether that be barrel (I hope not), stock, lugs, mercury tube, brake etc. caliber aside, in y'all's opinion what is the best factory rifle under or at a 2k$ price point?
Probably one of the best base line rifles with buildability is the Remington 700.

Tikka by far for price and options later on good action to build off unless you want to jump to like 300prc then the box/mag is limited.
The Springfield Waypoint has a AG carbon fiber stock that you ont have too do anything too , unless you just like too squeeze every little bit of accuracy , that would be a skim coat bedding . Proof research barrel . and a really slick action , trigger etc . I don't think you will find a better factory rifle for the money . Your really getting a custom rifle put together with several diff reputable companies , AG , Proof Research .Springfield , Trigger , Action etc . If I were in the market for a factory or so called factory rifle that one would get a hard look.

With the bankruptcy/sale of Remington, Dakota Arms was on the auction bloc.

What used to be Dakota Arms is now Parkwest Arms. They are still making the same rifles in the same facility as the originals.

Some of the finest production rifles I have had the opportunity to own and shoot.

Just to note: Dakota Arms ran the Remington Custom Shop.

I plan on "building" a rifle, and by building I mean upgrading What I deem necessary whether that be barrel (I hope not), stock, lugs, mercury tube, brake etc. caliber aside, in y'all's opinion what is the best factory rifle under or at a 2k$ price point?
I'm 60yrs old, started shooting at 7yrs old. I've had the op to shoot a lot of diff rifles & calibers through the yrs & own many diff ones as well. I've had a few rifles & cals I've really favored & used a lot over many others. What I learned is that the 30.06 & the 7mm Rem mag. are by far thee most versatile rifle cals ever made & with the broadest range of bullet types & weights avail from varmint to big game & target rounds. When Browning & Winchester came out with a tuner brake ( BOSS Brake ) which IMHO them made those 2 cals even more appealing than they already were. I got the Browning A-Bolt ll in 7mm Rem mag & my brother ( the only " trained shooter " in the fam ) got the Win 30.06, both with the BOSS brake. Both were just impressive, but the Browning was a whole new level of accuracy with a factory rifle & factory ammo that either of us has ever shot up to then. The 7mm mag lends for a little further range for hunting & much better ballistics. My #1 choice is by fay the 7mm Mag & #2 is the 30.06

I really like my Bergara Ridgeback Premier edition in .300 Win Mag.....bought in 2021....mine is a tad heavy, but that helps with the recoil, lighter editions are available.

IMG_5840.JPG

This is an impossible question haha. Depends on so many things regarding what you want and honestly each individual rifle has to potential to be difficult or amazing even from the same manufacturer.

I'm happy savage exists for people of my financial position at this point in life. Under no illusions about them being the best but I respect the hell put of the company for producing legit sub moa (with some loads sub 1/2 moa) rifles that just about anyone who works for a living could afford. I've yet to encounter an inaccurate or unreliable one. They are ugly tho, and the Tupperware stock leaves much to be desired. Again, not a supporter, don't think they're in the same league as some of the others…but I've angered a lot of my friends over the years by outshooting their Remington 700s, tikka t3s, and browning a-bolts with my savage that was half as expensive haha.

I've owned a 308 and 300winmag remington 700 5r rifles with replacement triggers...both have shot .5" 3 shot groups at 100yds with reloads. With the factory HS Precision stock, it really works for me. I spend the money I save on a better scope.