Best external ballistics program

iam using exbal on my pda. it's nightforce's marketed version. either search under nightforce or exbal / perry systems and you'll come up with the goods.

i like it a lot.

jrdoty:

Another vote for Exbal. I have it on my desktop and also have the Palm version for in the field. Both are great and very flexible with a lot of very useful features. Check Perry Web Site for info and to purchase if you decide. You won't be dissappointed with Exbal.

There's other programs out there for the PDA platform.
Sorry I don't have the site but I've been using a shareware Ballistics program on my PDA and it's great to take to the range with me when I'm sighting in a new round or killing time in a boring meeting. I think I found it through Palm's website.

Just loaded Exbal Version 7.1, and man is it sweet-- has a "Trajectory Validation" option in the menu that sort of recalibrates the trajectory based on impacts at various ranges. Pretty sweet, i'm thinking, altho i haven't had the opportunity to check it yet. Has some other changes, of course, larger bullet database, and a few other features including some more ballistic reticles added to the ballistic reticle zeroing screen. Hooray for Exbal, i say!

Im using the SSF from http://www.freewarepalm.com/calculator/pocketssf(sharpshooterfriend).shtml
Its shareware, free to download and use. it does not have all of the features of exbal, but it does most of the essential stuff. About the only thing it is missing is various reticles like the nightforce reticles. Mildots are supported, as well as several other standard reticles.
You might give it a try before you buy the exbal.
Exbal is great.... but its also expensive.
heres a couple of shots of the screen of my palmVx
this is the main input screen
maincalcscreen2.jpg

as you can see there is options for shooting angles, wind from every direction, moving targets and realtime weather.
this is the screen you get when you have inputted all of your data.
shotonreticlescreen2.jpg

Here is the rifle and scope data input screen.
rifledataentryscreen2.jpg

and the bullet data intry screen. You can save bullet data and rifle data to be used later.
bulletdataentryscreen2.jpg

ive used this program quite a bit over the last few months, and in all of the times ive used it, ive always gotten a firing solution that was spot on the POI or close enough that I could chaulk it up to my missing conditions.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.