Best calling day I’ve ever had

Elkeater

Got out with a buddy of mine yesterday. Had the best calling day I've ever had. First set was a bust. Second set called in a dog my buddy dropped her at 200 yards with his suppressed 6.5 creed, kiy yid and the second dog charged in, shot him with my AR at 41 yards. Third set got nothing, 4th set called in a single, killed at 66 yards with the suppressed 6.5. 5th set called in a super mangey dog to 500 yards but he hung up so my buddy killed him with the 6.5 we just left that one it was pretty gross looking. 6th set got nothing. Called 4 dogs and killed 4 dogs. 3/6 sets called in dogs.
E4559707-D3DC-4875-AA82-5DAA7656212F.jpeg

Weather was weird. Set 2 snowing sideways while we set up and cleared as soon as I sat down. Sets 4 and 5 were sunny.

Set 2 was just a cottontail distress for about 10 seconds followed by a kiy yi after the first shot with dog 1 charging to the cottontail and dog two coming to the kiy yi. Set 4 was a interrogation howl followed by about 3 minutes of jackrabbit distress. Set 5 was the same as set 4 except it took the mangey dog 10 minutes.

Congrats to you guys. Thank you for the pictures and the story. Keep up the good work

What call were you using?
Were you running a Mojo or anything with it?

Generally I just use a primos lil dog call so I can mix sounds very easily such as coyote vocalizations with cottontail or jack rabbit distress. I've been running those sounds with a simple primos sit n spin crazy critter decoy set up to draw the dogs away from our scent column.

Did have a dog fall for a couple howls off the little dog and some jack rabbit distress out of a fox pro jackal n hide call this morning. Popped her at 50 yards with a 40gr v max while she was fixated on the crazy critter.

No electronic calls for this guy. This is supposed to be a cheap winter hobby for me.

CongratulationsCongratulations! Nice calling and shooting.--- Makes me wish I d have gone this evening!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.