Equipment setup for calling night and day?

10-4 going back at it in a few days thanx

Elkriver, sounds you are doing ok to me, except your set-up spot may be wrong. Evaluate wind direction, and when you call, call in only one direction, and force the yotes to come in the open. (a couple of feathers on a stick works for me so they head for that and don't try to spot me) A remote ctrl decoy is fun. I only hunt them in the daytime. Remember your set-up spot is the most important of all. They see far better at night than we do in the daylight.... good luckgun)

first post not new to night hunting

day rig is R25 in 243 with Vortex Razor HD 5x20, night rig is same gun with Aquilla 6x gen3 and FLIR LS 64 for locating, ID with Gen3 and to make the shot. farthest to date under 1/4 moon is 410 yards 58gr V-Max at 3750fps, daylight 468 yards

I use a wiggling rabbit decoy ..I went out Sunday from 4-7 seen one but no shoot didn't bring calls or any thing just sat like I was frozen in time had a hawk 4. Ft above m y. Head till I moved to tern onscope it was to dark to see anything after 7 so I got out of stand & left First one I seen in 4 years trying so I was happy with that

Day/night same rifles and scopes. We use 22-250Ai, 6-284, 243AI, 6x45 and 223 all scoped with illuminated Leupolds 3.5-10 or 4.5-14. At night we like the good old Brinkman varmint special lights(200,000cpl) with the red lenses. mix of FoxPro and mouth calling.

Day/night same rifles and scopes. We use 22-250Ai, 6-284, 243AI, 6x45 and 223 all scoped with illuminated Leupolds 3.5-10 or 4.5-14. At night we like the good old Brinkman varmint special lights(200,000cpl) with the red lenses. mix of FoxPro and mouth calling.

I looked at a rifle the other day which was a 6/284 ? 6.5/284 and I'm thinking about getting one. I don't know much about it yet... whether its considered a magnum or what? Still i got to have a lighter rifle, and getting rid of 2 AR rifles.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.