Best bullets for 338 lapua/weatherby?

wildcat westerner

Hello,
A neighbor recently returned from Africa and used his 338 Lapua/weatherby rifle. I have done some tuning on this rifle andusing 250 grain Nosler's and also Berger bthp, I was not pleased with the accuracy at 100 yards. In talking with the factory I was told the twist rate was 1 in 9.3, which leads me to assume these may be Lothar Walther barrels.
I simply don't know the accuracy potential of this barrel, but seemingly with this powerful of a weapon handloading would help it.
Currently the last two rifles I worked on liked the Hornady ELD-x Bullets best, but while they were exceptional in terms of longrange accuracy, I simply have no experience with their success in game hunting.
If you have a .338 Lapua , especially a Weatherby rifle, which Bullets inthe 250 grain weight have worked bestfor you with elk sized or larger animals?

WW

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.