Best blaze orange for large size people

ddman

I'm heading to Colorado at the end of October for a 2nd season rifle hunt. I've been looking for a nice Blaze orange vest that I can include in my layers opposed to just a cheap one that goes over everything. My issue is that I'm a large person 6'4" 290 lbs. I wear 2x-3xl tall sized clothes and I can't seem to find many options for a 3x-4x sized orange vest that will work as a outer layer. I seen where kuiu has 3x options but I've never owned anything from them and don't know how they fit. Most other brands I've seen stop at 2x. Anyone know of any companies making blaze orange for us larger people?

I'm heading to Colorado at the end of October for a 2nd season rifle hunt. I've been looking for a nice Blaze orange vest that I can include in my layers opposed to just a cheap one that goes over everything. My issue is that I'm a large person 6'4" 290 lbs. I wear 2x-3xl tall sized clothes and I can't seem to find many options for a 3x-4x sized orange vest that will work as a outer layer. I seen where kuiu has 3x options but I've never owned anything from them and don't know how they fit. Most other brands I've seen stop at 2x. Anyone know of any companies making blaze orange for us larger people?
Just yesterday I received one of the new Kuiu blaze orange vests. Mine is XL and I can tell you it fits loosely over a golf shirt. (I'm 6' 1" and 210 lbs.). I'm confident it will fit nicely over a down puffy coat, and it does have a fair amount stretch in the fabric. Generally Kuiu garments fit with what they an "athletic fit", but XL has always worked for me. Also of note, there's almost zero insulation factor with this vest. It's made totally to meet blaze orange requirements of most states, not to add a layer of insulation. Hope this info helps.

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the PELOTON 240 VEST and the GUIDE DCS VEST from Kuiu. Both offer some insulation and available in blaze. I looked at the PRECISION HUNTER VEST also. I may just order the peloton and the hunter in 3x so I can check the fit on me and have one for laying and one for an over everything type.

You can wear neon pink in co too if you like 😂

On a serious note-- solid orange or mesh but no camo orange--- don't forget the solid orange/pink hat too--- they advise safety orange/pink on your pack if you wear it over your vest but I've never seen that part enforced before-- but it's still a good idea if you are hunting public land--- LOTS of people out there and i wouldn't trust most-- I've been scoped too many times to trust the masses

In general -- I just wear solid safety orange shirts and jackets and hats all the time when hunting-- no more camo on my upper body-- that way there is no need to take the vest on/off while stripping off or adding layers due to the changing weather

If I'm "back against a tree" sitting -- I hang an extra orange hat on a tree limb on the back side of the tree so people can still see there is a hunter in the area in congested hunting areas

It's best to just go way back in away from the roads, but its getting harder and harder to loose the masses now that there is internet satellite mapping and handheld GPS so readily available

Last edited:
You can wear neon pink in co too if you like 😂

On a serious note-- solid orange or mesh but no cammo orange
I've been thinking about buying 4 pink ones for my friends that are also going. We are going to pack MY trailer with everyone's stuff the weekend before we leave and I'm keeping it at my house until everyone shows up the evening we leave. I could take there orange and replace with pink.

I've been thinking about buying 4 pink ones for my friends that are also going. We are going to pack MY trailer with everyone's stuff the weekend before we leave and I'm keeping it at my house until everyone shows up the evening we leave. I could take there orange and replace with pink.
Sounds like a good hunting buddy to me 😁That's about the only time I've seen pink in the field-- is hunting buddy jokes or dares

Walmart.

I've looked at Walmart before but here in Oklahoma they don't ever seem to have anything like I'm wanting, just the light one size fits all types. When I was working in Colorado, Wyoming, North Dakota several years ago the Walmart's and big box stores had better selections for cold weather hunting. I've rifle hunted ( late November) deer in shorts and a t shirt here.