Best Barrel Choices #7 for 300wm build

R.Morehouse

Looking to buy an un-chambered barrel ( fluted or not ) for a build I have going on using a 700 action. Mc-A5. I know where barrels are but I hardly know it all and am looking for opinions from the masses here that know from experience what they believe are the best and perhaps a link where to head.......Thank's for your input.gun)...........................:D

Krieger, Bartlein, Rock Creek or Brux barrels = 1-10" or 1-11'" twist depending on the projectiles you wanna shoot.

We have two custom 300 wins with Broughton 5C barrels that shoot extremely well. I have also ben using Hart barrels on a few 7mm builds that are tac drivers. These two would be my choice. In fact I may order another Hart today.

Jeff

I've got a great shooting fluted 28" 5 groove Pac-Nor in 7mm Rem. I wouldn't hesitate to get another when this one is done.

Do you want it to be Cut rifled or button rifled ? These days I think all the custom bbl makers bbls are top notch ! I'd go with who can produce a bbl the fastest > I have two Brux bbls that were delivered in less then 3 months.

My last two 300mag I had build use Lilja 1/11 twist used same barrel on a 30-338mag also used Lilja for the 280AI,284. I spread my barrels out so have rifles with Broughton 5c,Kreiger/Kreiger 5r,Bartlein 5r,Rock Creek 5r all good barrels.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.