Best 400-600 binos besides save and buy better ones?

You might look into the tract brand. They only sell on line. They get great reviews, and the scope I have of theirs is very good. It is owned by a couple of guys that left Nikon

I have a set of 10x50 (or 12x, I forget)Tract binos, but as far as low light quality, I wouldn't trade them for anything. Great customer service! They are about $750 I believe, but if you are a veteran or possibly law enforcement, they give you a very sizable discount. I can't remember the percentage, but if I remember correctly, it should put them well in your price range. I trust in them wholeheartedly. Although, I'm sure other certain brands/models are great too.

Definitely consider Tract. I got a pair of 8x42 this fall,, and they did not disappoint. Optically they are sharp with good color, and low light performance is very good also. The build quality is also very good. You can catch them on sale for under 600.

I have Pentax 10X43 DCF SP binos for my beat around glass. They are not as.bright or clear as my Zeiss Victory but a great glass for the money.

I'll echo some of the other guys and say Maven's stuff is really good for the price point and their unconditional warranty is the cherry on top!

It seems as everyone in the last several years as prices have come down has migrated to 10x glass. Me too. BUT - that foreshortens the view. What looks like 200 yards in 7x glass looks like 50 yards in 10x. The problem is that 2000 yards looks like 500 and 'we can get to them'. Bottom line that I'm trying to say is the last set I bought was 7x35 to hunt with. Yes, 10x for long range glassing (and I've hunted sheep and goats in long distance views of Wyoming), but 7x for hunting. Have a blast!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.