Best 10x42 Binos besides Swarovski EL's?

I have had a rocky road with binos. You absolutely MUST look through as many as you can. Dont worry about online specs or what should be "best". The user features and optial package are more important. I have owned what are supposed to be the best to many people but they just dont work for me. Things like eye relief, eye box, and distortions like rolling ball can make the best optics unusable. Go to the store, take them all out side and find the ones that work best for you.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time, I purchased the SLC's. Found a heck of a deal I couldn't pass up. MSRP $1799, I got a store demo for $1200.

Again I suggest anyone wanting new binos to look at stabilized binos. I have Canon 18 x 50 and 10 x 30 IS (Image Stabilizer). The 10 x 30s are very compact and light weight.
Trying to hold even 10X steady gives me headaches, and beyond 10X is very difficult. I use the 18 x 50s at the range looking at holes in paper at 100 yds. Easy, no tripod or rest needed. And there are other brand besides Canon.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.