Bergers VLDs "Hunting" "Target".

rockslut

Was wondering do the "target" 210grn vld have the same BC as the hunting ones. I would like to hone my long range skills on paper but want to have the same dope when i go hunting?? I have about 25 rounds loaded with the "hunting" Bergers. They are on back order every place i can think of that sells bullets. But they seem to all have the "Target" in stock. Any ideas??? Thanks, Mike

The bullets are the same externally, so they should fly the same.
However, if you're ultimate goal is hunting, I would suggest sticking to the Hunting VLD's as much as possible just to remove the potential variable. If you can't find the Hunting VLD's and decide to practice with the Target VLD's, I recommend that you at least verify your 'Target VLD' loads with the 'Hunting VLDs' before you take any long shots on game.
-Bryan

sounds like another project. Ill have to buy some and compare. Buy of course only shoot the "hunting one's at animals.

killed my last large elk with 190 gr. vld's [target] .one shot,but they were only about 250yds.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.