Berger reloading help

I'm currently running a 140 accubond with R25 and am getting around 3100fps. But with sub moa accuracy.

Thank you all for the input also. It is very much appreciated.

I think I'll call Berger today and possibly try to find somebody with QL to help me out.

@CodyMac746, in addition to what @just_jon provided, you can also contact (not via e-mail) their tech support for other lists of powders not in their manual. They have always been accommodating when I call them.

BTW, the 195 is screaming for you to try on that STW. :cool:
Sooooo many good bullets in the 7mm caliber. I like calling tech support whether it's in firearms or anything mechanical. Many times they'll send me to the ballistics lab tech's or people who actually work on the stuff I'm calling about. That's been my experience.

Piece of cake. Data is based on QL preset COAL of 3.675" and H20 capacity of 100. Both RL33 and IMR 8133 are around 20% compressed at max pressure. I can update based on your actuals if needed.

Attachments

• 340 Wby 250 Berger EH RL26.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 340 Wby 250 Berger EH RL33.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 340 Wby 250 Berger EH IMR 8133.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 52
Talked to Berger yesterday, no luck with any of the Alliant powders other than what they have listed. So I'll start low and work. Thanks again for the help gentlemen. I'll post results when I get time to shoot.

Talked to Berger yesterday, no luck with any of the Alliant powders other than what they have listed. So I'll start low and work. Thanks again for the help gentlemen. I'll post results when I get time to shoot.
What other Alliant powders do you have? While it is not exactly what you want, Alliant shows a baseline for 140 TSX and NBT using RL23 as @xsn10s noted in #13. You can always use it as a guide; it is not a total waste - I do this all the time but as you noted, always proceed with caution. Good luck!

I have 22, 25, 26, and 33. Been wanting to get some 23 but no dice. I might revert back to 22 but I am seeing accuracy issues with temperature.

I have 22, 25, 26, and 33. Been wanting to get some 23 but no dice. I might revert back to 22 but I am seeing accuracy issues with temperature.
Don't be afraid to try what you have; it might just surprise you. Someone told me quite some time ago about RL-17's temp sensitivity, but I am getting excellent results in my .300 WSM and 215 Berger. Most of my load development is close to hunting season/weather. As with anything else, YMMV. Good luck!

So, been awhile but I finally got some shooting in. I've loaded and shot the .340 with R-26 up to 86.0gr with no signs of pressure with speeds around 2980. I found a good node around 85gr with speed of 2950ish fps. I'm going to test some seating depths when the wind calms down and report back.