Berger Joins Nammo Group - Lapua

abraverman

Nammo is proud to announce that Berger Bullets, a global leader in the manufacturing of premium rifle bullets, has joined the Nammo Group. For over 60 years Berger Bullets has produced the highest quality rifle bullets for varmint hunting, target shooting, game hunting and tactical use. Berger Bullets' products have established many of the existing national and world records among the top precision oriented rifle shooting events.

Morten Brandtzæg, President and CEO of the Nammo Group says, "Having Berger Bullets on board is the perfect match for Nammo. Their products, which are complementary to our other premium brands, will strengthen our group's strategic position in the US commercial ammunition market."

Berger Bullets joins an existing family of premium Nammo commercial ammunition components and ammunitions brands – SK, Vihtavuori and Lapua. The addition of Berger Bullets to Nammo unifies four brands that all share one common goal, which is producing the ultimate in precision performance. The four brands will continue to operate as unique brands servicing precision rifle shooters, while working together to enhance their collective offerings and services.

Raimo Helasmäki, Executive Vice President of Nammo Commercial Ammunition says, "This is a very exciting proposition for Nammo to execute an opportunity to join with a company that has the same passion as we do for precision, performance and serving the needs of the rifle shooters who care most about performance."

Eric Stecker, President of Berger Bullets said, "Supported by Nammo, Berger will continue to produce the highest quality rifle bullets in the world. Written words fail to describe how excited we are about the future of Berger Bullets and the growth of the other premium Nammo brands within the US market."

Berger Bullets will continue to operate as they have providing a leadership role in the sponsorship of significant shooting events for the discerning rifle shooter. Walt Berger and Bryan Litz, along with the rest of the existing Berger team, will continue on as part of
Nammo's US growth plan going forward.

The completion of the acquisition will be subject to regulatory approvals by US governmental authorities.

At first I thought it said NATO!

First another new .30 cal bullet (exactly what everyone wanted), now this. Boy they've been busy. Busy pleasing the F team and now the Europeans, when are we gonna see that new .375 projectile???
I kid of course...or do I?

Disclaimer: Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, at least that's what people with no sense of humor say.

Last edited:
Been with 2 companies over the years that were bought out - the new politically correct term is "merged". Time will tell. I wish them well.

Hope this is a good fit, Nammo is a bit on the conservative side. Till now Berger appeared to aggressively maneuver their way in the market. Also the timing is odd with a major election looming and perhaps a bit of uncertainty, but may be a good move for Berger since Nammo can sell world wide even if U.S. bans components. Is Lutz a Norwegian name???

At first I thought it said NATO!

First another new .30 cal bullet (exactly what everyone wanted), now this. Boy they've been busy. Busy pleasing the F team and now the Europeans, when are we gonna see that new .375 projectile???
I kid of course...or do I?

Disclaimer: Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, at least that's what people with no sense of humor say.

More like came out with the wrong 30cal bullet! Where's that 245gr EOL at??? I agree you'd think they'd push harder to come out with the .375 with demand for one being more than high enough.

More like came out with the wrong 30cal bullet! Where's that 245gr EOL at??? I agree you'd think they'd push harder to come out with the .375 with demand for one being more than high enough.

If you think about how many bullets are shot by increasing number of FTR shooters there are every year, it makes sense that berger would cater to their needs. Now that they are all moving from the 215's back down to 185's and 200's; selling the 200-20x this year alone is probably enough to fund their .375 project. Its not the right bullet for you, but im sure it was a perfect business decision.

I for one am ecstatic. Now maybe ill be able to buy H4350 and 215's with less of a hassle.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.