Berger .338 OTM 300yd Group pic.

tackdriver10

Just got a batch of Berger 338 in the other day and started my load workup. First load I tried was 89gr. of H-1000. Grouped well, but the ES was a bit high. The second load was 90gr. of H-1000, it also grouped well at 100yds, and the ES was 21. So I decided to see what it would do at 300 yards, and here's the pic.

338Berger.jpg

Thats a 2 inch orange sticker, and although I haven't measured exactly what the group size is, I'm gonna say it's about an inch. So far I'm happy with the results, and think I got really lucky by finding a good load on the 2nd try.

Here's the specs..

338 Lapua Magnum
Berger .338 300gr. OTM
Lapua Brass
90gr. H-1000
CCI 250 Primer
Bullet seated +.005 in the lands.

I know its not exactly benchrest standards. But its gonna be a sub 1/2 moa group.. Thats good enough for me!:D

Got an idea where some unlucky whitetails are hanging out, so I think I will go drop the hammer and see how it performs on game. Although, after seeing pics from another thread, I have a pretty good idea what the end result will be.

Very very nice group. And a 5 shot to boot. If is is 1" at 300 yrds thats about .3 moa. I will take that any day.

Good shooting!!

Jeff

My Norma and same bullet has shot 1 to 1 3/4 several times @ 400.Like the bullet so far:)

I just shot a fat doe with this same load yesterday evening. Gonna go ahead and do a write-up of of all the details and post a few pics for you guys. But it will be the start of another thread..

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.