Berger Hybrid OTM vs Hybrid Target

What are the practical differences between these bullets if they are used for hunting?
1655178878335.png

https://bergerbullets.com/faq-items...d-target-and-the-otm-tactical-30430-vs-30112/

In my limited research over the years there doesn't seem to be much difference in terminal performance between the two but I have not shot them both side by side for terminal performance comparison either.

In my limited research over the years there doesn't seem to be much difference in terminal performance between the two but I have not shot them both side by side for terminal performance comparison either.
Exactly!
The OTMs work amazingly on game. We have shot a ton of animals with both target hybrids and OTM bullets.
Yep!

There are also similar threads bellow.

That doesn't seem to answer his question? I think he may be asking on game performance. Hence the hunting?

All that tells us is one will mag feed.

I know old thread but kinda curious myself.
Well after a few years I am sure he figured out that they both kill stuff. No matter what bullet it is bergers blow up, not very often will they stay intact. Just make sure you have good bullet placements.

In my experience with the 230 tactical it has proven to be an excellent choice. I use it exclusively in 30/06 and 30/338. I have had the opportunity to take several dozen critters with it from inside twenty yards to beyond seven hundred yards. Typical demonstrated performance is about two to three inches of penetration, sheds the front of the jacket as three to five pieces of shrapnel that radiate outward from the wound track. The body of the bullet plows through and leaves a 1-1/2" or bigger permanent exit that leaves a great blood trail. I have only recovered one bullet from a rather large feral hog that nearly went lengthwise through.
Also, not to derail the discussion, but the 185 juggernaut tactical has piled up a bunch of deer from my 308 rifles in a similar fashion.

These responses are what interest me and I'm sure what OP was looking for. Using a groups knowledge of how both bullets react on game is far more useful than the copy and paste from the manufacturer themselves.

These can be hard to navigate similar to the eld vs eldx. Lots of game can and has been taken with both but they have subtle differences that may help
Someone choose which is best for them.

We have had very good luck with the 230 target out of our 300 Rums at 2975-3120 mv. Close up and farthest at 860 yards on elk. Typically put them tight in the crease. Never had a failure. I do check my tips.