Berger Bullets for Hunting - Yes or No?

Thanks for the replies guys.

Barrelnut - great link, thank you. Based on that story maybe VLD isn't the best choice but it still got the job done. I think we overthink some of these things sometimes... a dead animal is a dead animal but I just want to make sure I'm as prepared as I can be. I'm going to see if I can get the AB's to group well and if not, it's going to be hard to give up the accuracy of the VLDs.

You make sense and sounds like you have a plan. The other poster has other threads where he talks about using the VLDs. Seems his best tip is to verify that the tip on the VLD is actually open. And he is not talking about just not being squished closed from handling or something. You have to take a small pin and push it into the hole. Make sure it is really hollow under there and not filled with lead of something. If you do that, I think it would take doubts about the VLD away.

Seems the reason we're (I anyway) recommending a Accubond was that zero ~ 400 yards range. I was taking it literally that you wanted excellent point blank performance from the bullet also.

Good luck on your hunt.

I hope it's a nice relaxed, rested 100yd shot when the moment of truth comes... but we both know that in the real world on the side of a mountain it rarely happens that way. I'm going to load some ABs up this weekend. Thanks again.

This was retrieved from an elk I shot this past year at 650 yards. I have also taken several whitetail in the 40 to 250 yard range with excellent results. I get good terminal results and accuracy so why change.

7LRM, 180 grain Hybrid.

e583deab735bf259d337cf2a74c5ac0b_zpsguatgk7g.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.