Berger 168 and imr7828 load data?

Carman2012

If anyone has the berger manual could you please tell me what the min and max load they have listed for the 168vld and imr 7828 in 7mm Rem mag? Thanks

If anyone has the berger manual could you please tell me what the min and max load they have listed for the 168vld and imr 7828 in 7mm Rem mag? Thanks

I shoot that same load in mine, but can't remember Berger's max for it. I want to say I recall it being 62 grains start, and 65-66 max... But don't hold me to that. Verify before starting.

Also, purchasing a manual is recommended. They come in very handy for referencing. And they're not expensive. You can even buy it straight from Berger's website.

Thanks. I have several loading manuals just not the berger and hated to purchase it since only bullet I use from them are 168 and 180. Just mainly looking for a starting point since I have never used 7828. Also when I did a search on here for it I seen several of your posts and saw where you also used 7977. When I went in my LGS today to pick up a pound of 7828 he was really pushing me toward the 7977 but seeing as how he had a whole shelf of it and only 2 pounds of the 7828 left I opted to try it first. If you dont mind me asking which one do you prefer? I may go back and get a pound of it to experiment with as well. Thanks again

For the 168 grain and imr7828 is 59 grains to start to max of 63 grains. Work up slowly while checking pressure signs.

I have a superb load, its a little over max with RL19 and 63 grains for the 168 Berger VLD. Also RL 19 and 66.7 grains with 140 VLD, also a bit over max. Both loads shoots .2 MOA . If using these loads, work up in increments. Both loads are about 1.2 grains over max. Good luck.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.