BergaraHMR

Moose360

Just picked up the B14 in 300 WM and completed barrel break in. Problem is I can’t get er to group better than 1.25” @ 100m! And that was with Remington 180 gr core lok factory ammo! My hand loaded 180 Accubond, 200 VLDX, and 212 VLDX SHOT GUNNED around 3”.... what the heck? I’m a prior US Army sniper (it ain’t me) and it’s topped with a Leupold 5 HD 3x15. Did I get a lemon? I really wanted to like this rifle. Any ideas?

Joejack

How many rds you have down your barrel Mine is a 6mm creedmoor it took about 80 rds to breakin my barrel at 120+ rds it really started grouping better

JMW67

I have had the same experience as Joejack with a couple bergara rifles did you check action screws and your optic mounting hardware making sure the front screw is not a tad to long and touching barrel before getting fully tight

Last edited:

zr600

Try some Hornady match ammo that Bergara recommends. I ha e a hmr 6.5 creedmoor it shot the Hornady factory match eldm great. It took me awhile to find a good reload but I did end up finding one. It’s very accurate.

Moose360

I have had the same experience as Joejack with a couple bergara rifle did you check action screws and your optic mounting hardware making sure the front screw is not a tad to long
Yes Sir. Torqued to 35” lbs

zr600

Do you have another option for a scope to swap on there just to test it? Or put the new vx5 on a known accurate rifle. I have one that has always been good.

Nomosendero

The scope should be fine, for that matter so should the rifle, but sometimes it doesn't go that way. I like to put a proven scope on a new rifle, then you have a pretty good idea the rifle has a problem if mounts, rings, screws and all of that are good. If the rifle does good I then put on the new scope.
Just had some personal experience on that and yes with good stuff.

Braxton567

Not sure if yours is the model that comes with muzzle break but I watched a review and due to oversized opening the groups weren’t good then they took break off and installed suppressor and groups tightened up under 1 moa

Moose360

No brake but it is threaded. I took the thread protector off but did not improve groups.

WYMIKE

Try Hornady ammunition in Precision Hunter 200 ELD-X or 220 ELD-X bullets. The 225 ELD-M bullet is also a good choice. Hammer bullets and H1000 powder with FED-215M primers.

JMW67

How bad was the barrel coppering up during break in, like in a earlier post the two I messed with,coppered up bad till about 80 tp 100 rounds I was having to decopper after every three shots from 10 till about 50 then 5 shots and clean then all of a sudden barrel slicked up and started shooting much better

Trending threads