BergaraHMR

Whenever I acquire a bolt action rifle, whether it's used or brand new. It is "new to me"!!! Consequently, I am curious as to what is beneath the surface to know what I've got. So, I take 'em down and clean everything. Then, using Inletting Ink, (which comes in black and gold), applied to all the barreled action surfaces where it joins with the stock tI can see where it's touching and not touching. I haven't yet found one that couldn't use some attention.

Just picked up the B14 in 300 WM and completed barrel break in. Problem is I can't get er to group better than 1.25" @ 100m! And that was with Remington 180 gr core lok factory ammo! My hand loaded 180 Accubond, 200 VLDX, and 212 VLDX SHOT GUNNED around 3".... what the heck? I'm a prior US Army sniper (it ain't me) and it's topped with a Leupold 5 HD 3x15. Did I get a lemon? I really wanted to like this rifle. Any ideas?
I'm guessing you stripped the gun down, cleaned/greased and completely inspected and torqued screws prior to shooting it. As a former sniper, of course you did! I found a few excess flashing pieces on mine. The crud did cause issues. Fixed that right away. Maybe a different bullet choice? Sometimes ringing out a new pew can be challenging. To sat the least. Have you tried using factory match rounds as a basic starting point to measure from? It took about 120 rounds or so through mine to get it to settle down. Still refining my loads now. But got it down to .42 with 175 smk and .48 with 168 smk. I got the HMR PRO in .308. Love it!