Bergara Highlander help…. Maybe?

The questions are simply trying to help with troubleshooting. The comments about the mounting process is for accuracy.
Basically, it's my belief any clearance needs to be eliminated, torque on everything should be even. Some guns shoot better with the front action screw tight, the rear slightly less, and if it has a screw in front of the trigger it should barely be tight enough to not fall out.
The not cycling smoothly though is a form function issue I would pursue first.
Gotcha! Thanks for the suggestions, I'll start working on those!

Your higher grade gun probably has a much stiffer stock than my plain Ridge. The Ridge is kinda flimsy. So is a Tikka, but I have one of them that shoots surprisingly well with no modifications at all - but it is not a 300 PRC either LOL.
Gotcha, I think I'll still check it out, I don't think it could hurt as long as it is done right.

One thing about flimsy synthetic stocks is bedding will only make them better.
I have one on a Winchester 70 I won at a banquet. I bedded it with Devcon. I tuned the trigger myself, and it is very accurate now. Probably one of the most consistent shooters I have.

On the OP's rifle I'd probably be contacting Bergara just on the feeding issue alone.

One thing about flimsy synthetic stocks is bedding will only make them better.
I have one on a Winchester 70 I won at a banquet. I bedded it with Devcon. I tuned the trigger myself, and it is very accurate now. Probably one of the most consistent shooters I have.

On the OP's rifle I'd probably be contacting Bergara just on the feeding issue alone.
Yeah I'll be reaching out to them if the local smith looking at it and maybe trying smooth the chamber out again doesn't do anything

Update for anyone following this. I sent my poorly finished "two-tone" Bergara HMR back for analysis. Got it back today, just over a month turn around.

Good news, they acknowledged the issue and upgraded it to a cerakote finish.

Bad news, they mailed it back in the same box I shipped it in minus the packing! This is what was waiting on my porch:
IMG_20210827_120245467.jpg
The newly cerakoted barrel and thread protector took some road rash. Happy they fixed it, disappointed they shipped it so stupidly!

I have a Highlander in 300PRC I picked up at sportsmans because 300prc was one of the few rounds they actually had in stock. I bought a couple hundred rds of factory 225gr eldm. I have only had it out twice so far but it has no feeding issues and groups have been in the 3/8 to 1/2" range. Now I wait for 30 cal bullets to become available again, hoping to build an accurate ABLR load for hunting purposes.

If it were me I'd stop waisting your ammo and send it off to bergara to fix the issues and have them do an accuracy test. Then invest in reloading equipment over the next year or two

Well I finally got mine to the range and despite the quality control/reckless packing the gun is a shooter. Was mainly adhering to break in procedure but can tell this one will be easy sub moa. I bought a twin 243 as well, having barrel cut down to 22" to match and then I'll be breaking that one in and testing accuracy.

Just thought someone might find my experience useful. Good luck