bergara and timney trigger issue?

alaskan9974

I have a b14 hmr that I put a timney in. Have about 300 rounds through it but now after cocking it, the firing pin will follow with the bolt. If I manage to get it on safety it will stay cocked until I put it on fire and the trigger will pull normally.

I switched trigger packs back to the original one and it is doing the same thing. If I tap on either trigger pack when the bolt is out, I will hear a click and it will function normally. I sprayed them out with lighter fluid and solvent thinking there was something in there, maybe it is something in the bolt?

I have a b14 hmr that I put a timney in. Have about 300 rounds through it but now after cocking it, the firing pin will follow with the bolt. If I manage to get it on safety it will stay cocked until I put it on fire and the trigger will pull normally.

I switched trigger packs back to the original one and it is doing the same thing. If I tap on either trigger pack when the bolt is out, I will hear a click and it will function normally. I sprayed them out with lighter fluid and solvent thinking there was something in there, maybe it is something in the bolt?
Sir,
Give us a call @ 770-449-4687 Or shoot us a email @ [email protected]

Which Timney did you install and why ???

Last edited:
After Bergera solves the issue, can you tell us what was causing the it? I'd be interested to hear.

I recently had issues with my Timney trigger I'm waiting for it to return from the gunsmith now I installed a trigger tech the gun would not hold the firing pin unless the safety was on then it worked normally when the safety was released just had trouble cocking it to begin with it was set with to light a pull weight when I raised the pull weight it work properly but it has operated fine for several years I just attributed to normal wear and tear

I recently had issues with my Timney trigger I'm waiting for it to return from the gunsmith now I installed a trigger tech the gun would not hold the firing pin unless the safety was on then it worked normally when the safety was released just had trouble cocking it to begin with it was set with to light a pull weight when I raised the pull weight it work properly but it has operated fine for several years I just attributed to normal wear and tear
That is exactly what mine was doing.

I just soaked both trigger packs and the bolt in solvent thinking the colder temps might have gelled up some cleaning oil if it had gotten in there. Seems to have worked.

Strange coincidence I guess that it was happening to the original pack when I switched back.

My Timney is the HIT version, was pretty light but it was set at 1.5lbs.

I didn't contact Bergara, this didn't happen until I modified the rifle...if I broke it, it's my fault.

I ordered a bergara wilderness terrain rifle to use until I can trust this one again.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts