Timney trigger?

kc

I did a little work to make my Timney trigger fit, after instalation the set pull was as if it was set for a varmit rifle. I would start to pull and with no resistance, click! I don't understand the instructions well, my meds have changed some, its hard to comprehend..
****! Dont laugh. this makes me sick! the meds have me screwed up.
I cant read a blue print with this crap they got me on. all I would like to do is add some weight
to the pull. I love it! it won't misfire or bump fire its just smooth, to smooth.
My Springfield is a sweet rifle..all I need is to go to the farm this November.

Have you measured the pull weight? Timney triggers are normally set at the max pull weight from the factory unless you order it from them and then you determine the pull weight. The trigger pull adjustment screw will need to be turned clockwise for weight increase. I would not do this without a trigger pull gauge. If you decide to do this go in small increments with barreled action in stock. When done put a dab of clear finger nail polish on adjustment screw to keep it from walking.

Not much..This trigger was designed for the 03 I had a little chipind of wood and thats it.
After that I added a little bedding mix and its tight as a drumb.

If I had a DREMEL set it would be a big help.

KC, then it doesn't sound like you did any hammering, bending or filing on the trigger...so that eliminates you doing anything to the trigger that would alter it. So have you tryed coyotezapper's advise, how did it work?

I am in love! This rifle shoots so much better now, the problem I had to fix was the length of
my ammo..had a bullet stuck in the chamber. so I shortened the length a 1/16 and its better.

I am in love! This rifle shoots so much better now, the problem I had to fix was the length of
my ammo..had a bullet stuck in the chamber. so I shortened the length a 1/16 and its better.

Call me dumb but, I'm not following you. Are you saying the problem with the trigger pull was literally a stuck bullet in the chamber...just the bullet...how'd that happen? Secondly are you saying you shortened your ammo's COAL by a 1/16 on an inch? Were you having to force the bolt closed? Again, call me dumb but, help me out here so I can understand.

Everything is fine..I miked my ammo and found a few a bit longer than what the book called so I shortened them a 1/16 and they just touched the lands..I put some bluing on the a few loads and they had a scratch on the ink from the rifleing.
there are no holding bullets. Shoots real good. just right for tight shooting lanes.

November 15th..Rifle Season.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.