Bell and Carlson?

upacreek

Considering a medalist with cheek rest. They claim alloy insert, sounds like an upgrade from my current laminate stalk. Not quite ready for an $800 investment right now, looking for something in between. Is this stalk worth buying? Any feedback is appreciated.

Definitely worth the money! The 700 I just bought has one on it, and YES, it does have a full-aluminum bed block in it. It goes all the way from just before the front swivel insert to the palmswell in the grip. They are excellent stocks. I have several rifles with B&C's on them, and several with HS Precisions. Both are excellent brands.

Also, if you want a nice stock, go to Stockey's and do a search for "Remington 700 Weatherby Style stock". B&C makes it, and it is identical to the Weatherby Accumark stocks, but inletted for a Rem 700 action. Pretty cool stuff. I am considering one for my build I'm slowly working on. I gotta buy a stock and bottom metal soon...I already got the action, which was my main concern, but now that that's done, all that's left is to buy all the other pieces to the puzzle, then take them to my smith.

Stockey's has some awesome prices.

http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/StoreFront

Stocky's doesn't list a B C stock for over 450. I just sent my bc stock back to have lop change and color change. They were easy to deal with on the phone. I own multiple bc hs and my Dakota wears a Precision Stockworks, all seam to fit and function really well. Having red hawk rifles build my son a 700 in 280 AI, I wanted a HS stock until they told me 9 month wait. Went with BC so the gun will be done in 4 months, saved me some money too.

Stocky's doesn't list a B C stock for over 450. I just sent my bc stock back to have lop change and color change. They were easy to deal with on the phone. I own multiple bc hs and my Dakota wears a Precision Stockworks, all seam to fit and function really well. Having red hawk rifles build my son a 700 in 280 AI, I wanted a HS stock until they told me 9 month wait. Went with BC so the gun will be done in 4 months, saved me some money too.

I was refering to McMillan or similar regarding price. Might be found less than that, but I was curious about something around $250 plus bottom metal. I have a win 70. Not as common as a 700.
Any suggestion how to contour the stalk to fit the barrel? Never dealt in composite. With wood I have used 80 grit sandpaper and hours of elbow grease.

For around $250-300 range, the B&C Medalist will be the top dog in that category. You shouldn't be disappointed. Just like any stock, you will probably have to float the barrel with some sandpaper and bed the action.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts