Bedding Help

TallSDYoteHunter

hi guys I know there are tons of articles on here about bedding wondering if you could point me to some. I want to bed my savage 12 223 with a blind box mag and accutrigger in a duramaxx stock and a 10 FP 308 in a wood stock. I am not sure how to work around the box magazine ont eh model 12 and can't seem to figure out to to pop it off. Also ot sure how to fill in the area where the mag sits when i bed the action. Thanks for your help. I have looked around but most articles seem to talk about single shot actions. Thank you

YoteHunter,

I've got an article that I'm in the process of writing up for Len on home rifle bedding. If he approves it, it should go out next month. I can e-mail you an early edition if you would like. The rifle I used was a Savage 110 with a blind mag.

Let me know.

I started using a method I read on Accurate shooter, works awesome. I used to fill the box area with clay but now I just tape the outer edges and clay in the small areas of the action then after squeezing it all together I clean up the box and edges with a q-tip.

Stress-Free Pillar Bedding

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts