Beating a dead horse

For you guys that own the NX8
How finicky is the eye-box?
Is the F1 reticle usable for hunting purposes at low power? (2.5 or 4x)
How's the mirage at high power in the 4-32X?
Thanks
I have the 4-32. I would say at 4X it is useable to a point to ensure your on target, but I would not rely on it for precise target work. That doesn't much bother me since I rarely use it below 8X. On the high end, it is good for that extra power to determine say the quality of an animal, but about useless for shooting targets since I cant get the sight picture stable enough in the scope. So, my useable range is somewhere between 8-28X if I was to guess.

The VX6 has better glass for sure. And I think is like 6oz lighter than the NF. But as Lance has pointed out, it's very hard to ignore the failure rate. Even though I personally have owned 3 that functioned fine. If you're going be doing some dialing, I'd go for the NX8. I've also owned the NX8. There is no individual "wow" factor about it whatsoever. But it does every single job decently well that you could want from a scope, and collectively, that is more important than any one singular great feature.

Is the LA with the 4-32x50? Looks like it. The 2.5-20x50 is far shorter. Like on your SAs.
Here is a picture of my Meopta 3x18 ffp with a 4D reticle. The parralex goes from 10 yds too infinity. Meopta Optica 6 scopes has great glass European made zero lock and zero stop tracks great . This scope is around 800.00 dollars but is on par with scopes costing twice as much .

Attachments

• 0C323181-EDFF-4AAD-99EB-C8D920D12B8A.jpeg
    0C323181-EDFF-4AAD-99EB-C8D920D12B8A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
I'm certain this has been hashed out multiple times but I'm looking for first hand experience between two scopes. Looking at the VX-6HD 3-18, and the NX8-F2. This will be on a hunting rifle in 6.5 creed. This is a do all rifle so shots will range from 15 yards in heavy river bottom timber to 800 yards over the bean fields. Looking for personal experience with both scopes. Mainly interested in glass quality comparisons and low light performance. I know the Nightforce will be more durable, but I take care of my gear, and my hunts are not in the back country so I'm not really worried about the scope falling down a mountain.
The leupold has great glass but I sold all of mine including the 3-18 due too tracking and Sighting issues. I still have 2 nightforce but the glass is just not on par with the price. I have been using March optics now and the 2.5-25×52 is great. I also recently bought the 1.5-15×42 for my MDRX in 308 and it is outstanding as well. The 4.5-28 high Master would also be a great choice but I believe it only comes in FFP and mil reticles.

If illumination isn't a must for you and you're willing to look at an FFP optic, you could check out the LRHS2 that GAP is selling right now. Reticle is very useable on low power and 18x would be more than enough on the top end for your 800 yard shots.

Watching this one. I've been researching the NX-8. I've had two Leupolds lose zero after dialing (VX-3HD & VX-5HD). I currently have a VX-6HD in 3-18 that I'm beginning to question. The glass and low light capabilities are phenomenal but I just don't trust it at this point.

For you guys that own the NX8
How finicky is the eye-box?
Is the F1 reticle usable for hunting purposes at low power? (2.5 or 4x)
How's the mirage at high power in the 4-32X?
Thanks
It works well but the reticle does get very small. If I was going to shoot really close shots hunting I would probably try to turn the reticle illumination on if I had the time.

Light duty=leupold
life depends on it=Nightforce
You can run a NF over and not loose POI. Don't ask🤪. You bump a Leupold it could leave you guessing. That being said I didn't care for the NX8 near as much as my NXS scopes. Traded back down for an older NXS. The scope was great I just didn't care much for the reticle choices. Any NF scope I have I can still count points on a mule deer over a distance I am willing to shoot.

Had Leupolds on my 3 favorite hunting rigs - had, being the operative word. without going into great detail, they now wear Nightforce. As belldar said, I settled for the NXS over the NX8 on two rifles. The 280 ai wears an ATACR. Between the NXS and the NX8, I cannot tell the difference, optically. But with the ATACR, definitely. I know the cost may be a bit taxing - it was for me. Considering the amount I spend for tags, travel to and from, and associate costs of the trip, the extra cost is minimal. Knowing you can count of your gear not to fail was very important to me.

Can you go put hands/eyeballs on them at your local GS or Big Box outdoor store? That may help you make your decision. Good luck and enjoy!

Had Leupolds on my 3 favorite hunting rigs - had, being the operative word. without going into great detail, they now wear Nightforce. As belldar said, I settled for the NXS over the NX8 on two rifles. The 280 ai wears an ATACR. Between the NXS and the NX8, I cannot tell the difference, optically. But with the ATACR, definitely. I know the cost may be a bit taxing - it was for me. Considering the amount I spend for tags, travel to and from, and associate costs of the trip, the extra cost is minimal. Knowing you can count of your gear not to fail was very important to me.

Can you go put hands/eyeballs on them at your local GS or Big Box outdoor store? That may help you make your decision. Good luck and enjoy!
ok...POI shifts on the Leupolds?