Beam Scales

I use 2 different digital scales but keep an old RCBS(Made by Ohaus)10-10 beam scale just to make sure of loads.
I too just want to make sure the digital scale is on the money.
I see RCBS 10-10 beam scales on ebay every now and then and even see some Ohause beam scales sometimes but they are a bit expensive.
I would check ebay.
Here is an article on newer beam scales:

I have been using an RCBS 10-10 . I've had it since they first came out at least 25-30 Years or more ago. I can't remember. Its starting give me a little trouble 2-4 tenths on my check weights. Its been a great balance. Cleaned it up good and checked the knives for burrs . Still inconsistent weights on the check weights. I think it's time to replace it with something as good or better than the 10-10.
I didn't realize there is so little selection on high end reloading Beam Balances

A while back someone listed a place to send balance beam scales to calibrate them.I'll try to remember.
I was going to send off the 505 as it became a bit inconsistent but I remembered I had the 10-10 so I used it.
If anyone remembers the place to send balance beam scales for re-calibration please list it.

The guy that rebuilds and calibrates scales is Scott Parker mentioned in this article.They give his contact phone number and email:

Scott Parker
Bakersfield CA
[email protected]
661 364 1199

I use an old RCBS three poise 505 made by Ohaus that i bought new in the 80's. I bought a M5, D5 and a red Ohaus 505 that is very similar to the M5, but always go back to the RCBS 505. I have test weights that I use to zero the scale near my charge weight.

I've used a Redding and a 10-10 for about forty or more years, but there are probably many beam scales made today that will work fine. Get a set of check weights, too.