Bdx issue

cohunt

Question, am I doing something wrong? Or just try a new battery?

Everything seems to work at close range...the bdx rangefinder in Abu mode give me firing solutions when ranging at 35 yards, 86 yards, 97 yards---- but anything longer than 100y I'm getting "0" moa elevation and "0" moa wind corrections ....it wont calculate a shooting solution for me past about 100 yards

Anyone seen this before? Kinda sucks as elk season opens next Saturday.

Last edited:
OK--called sig this morning (as they aren't open on week ends)--got technical support for optics and the guy was very helpful

he said they just did a TON of firmware updates and I need to update the firmware in my rangefinder-- he said you go to the app, go to the rangefinder tab, find your unit and tap on that unit about 10x-- a pop up screen will show up that gives you the option to update the firmware-- press accept and HOLD down the top button on the rangefinder the WHOLE time its doing the update-- says thats it

yse he did emphasize my "BOLD" typed words

he was willing to walk me through it step by step, but I dont have my rangefinder here at work with me

this issue did create some minor hiccups this past weekend while hunting, but I had my phone ballistic app and paper backup drop charts available for when the rangefinder did not display shooting solutions for distances past 100 yards

by the way, I have brand new back up batteries now also, which are always good to carry

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.