Bases and Rings Question

jwallen

Hello all, I've been lurking a long time but don't really post much. I have a question I can't seem to answer myself. My new rifle build will be done soon and I need to get my rings/bases ordered. I'm going to go with the leupold Double Dovetail 2-piece bases and Burris Signature series 30mm Rings with inserts. The scope will be a leupold mark 4, 4.5-14x50. I can't determine if I need medium or high rings.

The gun is a Win mod70 LA in 300 Win mag and will have a Shilen #4 contour barrel on it.

I really appreciate the help.

Hello all, I've been lurking a long time but don't really post much. I have a question I can't seem to answer myself. My new rifle build will be done soon and I need to get my rings/bases ordered. I'm going to go with the leupold Double Dovetail 2-piece bases and Burris Signature series 30mm Rings with inserts. The scope will be a leupold mark 4, 4.5-14x50. I can't determine if I need medium or high rings.

The gun is a Win mod70 LA in 300 Win mag and will have a Shilen #4 contour barrel on it.

I really appreciate the help.

Medium rings should clear that barrel contour A-OK

I have the Signature ZEE rings with the inserts on another of my rifles. I had a lot of problems getting the inserts adjusted so the scope was exactly lined up with the bore of the barrel for long range shooting.

This is what I did on my long range rifle for shooting at 1,000 yds. and it worked perfectly the first time I assembled all the components. You can see the bubble level on the bottom picture of the rifle & with the custom turret.

Testing new Vortex custom turret. - Georgia Outdoor News Forum

joseph

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.