Base layer

hammer111

The best base layer is merino wool from what I've researched. But who has the best for stand hunting.

Coldest i might have to deal with is 0 to 20 with a wind chill . What merino do you guys use.

I'm allergic to wool so it can't be itchy , has to be very soft. Thanks for the help.

I bought these a year ago , but I haven't had to wear them yet . it was a warm season this year . I also have the matching top .

Cabela's Men's Thermal Zone® Stand Hunter Bottoms with Polartec® Thermal Pro® – Regular : Cabela's

I have sets of these also in mid weight and heavy weight . they seem to do ok . these are very soft against skin .

Cabela's Men's MTP Heavy Weight Bottoms – Regular : Cabela's
bottoms%2F_%2FN-1101035%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_104037480

a lot of their base layers are on sale . if they have what you're looking for .

Men's Heavywight Base Layer Bottoms : Cabela's

Yeah I think it's a good time buy.

I was looking at the cabelas stuff until I read to use merino wool so merino would be my first choice I tend to sweat walking to the stand.

I have used Under Armour cold gear thermals for the last 5 years or so with really good results.I use the 2.0 when it is in the high 30's and the 3.0 when it is colder than that.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.