Base and rings question for Sendero 300 WM

Gatorpoint

Just aquired a first generation Remington 700 Sendero in 300 Win mag. Planning on topping it with a zeiss conquest hd 4.5-14x50 (1" tube). Wondering what the best rings and bases would be. 1 or 2 piece etc? Planning on this rifle to be a hunting rifle out to ~500 yds. Thanks!

My 300 win mag accumark has a near 1 piece alphahunter mount with the Zeiss HD5 3-15X42. The mount has 10 MOA built into it will shoot to 1000 no problem.

Check out Near Manufacturing and call or email Richard he can set you up with some of the best mounting systems made.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Attachments

• DSCN0380.JPG
    DSCN0380.JPG
    135.3 KB · Views: 144
Just aquired a first generation Remington 700 Sendero in 300 Win mag. Planning on topping it with a zeiss conquest hd 4.5-14x50 (1" tube). Wondering what the best rings and bases would be. 1 or 2 piece etc? Planning on this rifle to be a hunting rifle out to ~500 yds. Thanks!

Ive been using EGW rails and Leupold QD ( quick detachable) rings to hold my Zeiss scopes on tight

I like the EGW base and Burris signature zee rings. I also think TPS rings are nice. I think the medium Burris or low TPS rings would work in your case.

It really depends on how much you want to spend. I will not cut corners when it comes to mounts, ever. One pc base only & no aluminum for me, keep in mind, this is personal preference.

As contradictory as it may sound, my favorite ring is aluminum (go figure), made be American Rifle Company. The Near MFG unit mentioned earlier is really good stuff as well.

For bases look at:

NightForce
US Optics
Leupold MK4
Murphy Precision
Badger Ord

Buy once, Cry once; keep it quality & never worry about it again.

t

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.