Barrels maker Data sheet

Attachments

• HUH.jpg
    HUH.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 59
Data are stamped on the end of the blank.

In the machining industry "data sheet" implies the documented dimensions that the machinist measured during his in process inspection. On some more complicated features these can be recorded in final inspection. Most manufacturers keep these documents for traceability. As they do with material certs from the foundry as well as in house inspection.

Unless i misunderstood the op's delicately worded question.

In the machining industry "data sheet" implies the documented dimensions that the machinist measured during his in process inspection. On some more complicated features these can be recorded in final inspection. Most manufacturers keep these documents for traceability. As they do with material certs from the foundry as well as in house inspection.

Unless i misunderstood the op's delicately worded question.

"Data sheet" is understood. Like you, I have never received a "data sheet" with a barrel. Beyond the data stamped on the end of the blank (including a maker mark/logo), you typically have an invoice which identifies maker, barrel profile and length plus the info stamped on the end of the blank. If the buyer needs info on profile - before placing his/her order (hopefully) - the vendor's website, product catalog, or product line data sheet would be sources.

Since the OP did not specify whether the associated barrel was a blank or a finished/chambered barrel - assuming a finished/chambered barrel, you will also have cartridge and smith info "engraved" on the barrel.

Frankly, the OP's "question" was so strangely worded as to leave me wondering whether he/she understands that customers do not normally provide an engineered drawing for use by the barrel manufacturer. The manufacturer "says" here's what I'm selling, contact us if your need more info.

Without more info from the OP, the above is all I can offer.

"Data sheet" is understood. Like you, I have never received a "data sheet" with a barrel. Beyond the data stamped on the end of the blank (including a maker mark/logo), you typically have an invoice which identifies maker, barrel profile and length plus the info stamped on the end of the blank. If the buyer needs info on profile - before placing his/her order (hopefully) - the vendor's website, product catalog, or product line data sheet would be sources.

Since the OP did not specify whether the associated barrel was a blank or a finished/chambered barrel - assuming a finished/chambered barrel, you will also have cartridge and smith info "engraved" on the barrel.

Frankly, the OP's "question" was so strangely worded as to leave me wondering whether he/she understands that customers do not normally provide an engineered drawing for use by the barrel manufacturer. The manufacturer "says" here's what I'm selling, contact us if your need more info.

Without more info from the OP, the above is all I can offer.

+1! Oftentimes, it's also written on the barrel ...

Attachments

• P4260166.JPG
    P4260166.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 49
  • P4250157.JPG
    P4250157.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 55
  • P4250158.JPG
    P4250158.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 60
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.