Barrel vs muzzle brake outside diameter

ruby76

My barrel at the muzzle is .750 and a brake I have is .675. Any problem or issues with using a smaller diameter brake? Does the barrel just get turned down to match?

Should have said that I would only want the very end of the barrel turned down, or stepped down but i'll look at other brakes. I have a JP recoil eliminator sitting not getting used.

What model JP?
I've installed a lot of them...unless something's changed they're no smaller than .750 for 5/8"-24t ???

Depending on your thread cut...Hawk Hill has a good break. I have a stainless one on a 6.5-06 that the wife shoots. She never fired a rifle before this one...she doesn't know guns kick! Lol

Any way .750 for $50

What model JP?
I've installed a lot of them...unless something's changed they're no smaller than .750 for 5/8"-24t ???

Got it used. Had another look at it's a 1/2 thread, outside diameter for sure .675 though. I also thought that the min size is .750. It hasn't been turned down, same diameter right to the weld.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.