Barrel stamping

A panto-graph engraver is the way to go. A lot of gunsmiths have them as do Trophy shops and jewelry stores. If you have a privately owned jewelry store in town that engraves silver bracelets and mugs and silver serving trays etc then the could probably fix you up. But they may ask you to bring it in after hours. Chain store types of jewelry shops wont likely have one. You'll need to find a shop that has a full size New Hermes engraver.
The jewelry store I've used to engrave knives I made charged 15.00 dollars per knife they said set up was the hard part and they had done several guns as well as knives. David

And my turn-around time on marking a barrel ain't bad! I can send you a pic or 2 so you can see what my pantograph engraving looks like.
That would be great to see some pics. I have a couple of questions to ask as well. Do you do coating at all? If not, would you recommend engraving it and then coating it, or coating it first, and then engraving. I kind of like the idea someone else mentioned about how good the engraving looks when contrasted with the coating. I would definitely be interested in acquiring your services.

So far, after 6-8 attempts, I have been unable to capture a decent pic, that isn't blurry, of a cartridge designation on a barrel.
That's fine. I trust you would do a fine job. I should probably email you for further information or you can email me with an address to send barreled action, floorplate, and screws for cerakote and engraving, as well as a price quote. Thank you

Recent Posts