Barrel Smith Needed

aitch

Bought a nice Cerakoted Broughton SS barrel in .284 barrel from a LRH member. Problem, it came off a Pierce action (18 tpi) and I need to mate it to a Remington action. So, the barrel tenon needs to be cut off and rethreaded to 1 1/16' x 16 tpi. It's a 30" barrel so loosing 1" won't hurt.
It will stay chambered 284 Win. Though I have both Win .284 and Lapua 6.5-284 brass, I'm planning to use the necked-up Lapua brass with the 180 g Berger VLD. So it would be ideal if the smith has a reamer for this loading.

I probably load for a dozen or more different calibers including a Speedy built 6.5-284, but neck turning has never been part of my loading process. But, I'm not averse to neck turning if measurable accuracy improvements can be gained.

I have not purchased a recoil lug yet as I'm unsure of relative merits of thicker or pinned recoil lugs. I'll be happy to include one at your recommendation. I have a NF rail and 8-40 screws so the receiver mounting holes will need to be rethreaded from #6 to #8.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.