Barrel Profile and Suppressors

What caliber is the rifle? My Weatherby Vanguard in 257 Weatherby magnum is a 24 inch barrel I'm going to suppress it so I was going to do an adapter from half inch to 5/8. But since it always will have a can on it I am wondering if it would hurt
Ballistic wise to cut the barrel down a little bit to get the 5/8 thread.

That rifle is a 6.5 Creedmoor. I have a Remington 700 in 7 mag and a TC TCR barrel in .243 with Kampfeld right now getting the same treatment.

Suppressors add so much enjoyment to the shooting experience! As long as you have enough "wall" to screw the can up to; you will be fine; no matter if it's a thin or thick barrel. Cans do add some weight, but they also improve accuracy. That's because you don't flinch as much and they improve the harmonics. I just wish we could get them a lot easier than it takes now. That part is ridiculous!

That rifle is a 6.5 Creedmoor. I have a Remington 700 in 7 mag and a TC TCR barrel in .243 with Kampfeld right now getting the same treatment.
Are you having Kampfield thread 5/8 24 and add a coller,than blending it in or is he threading it smaller and adding a 5/8 24 adapter over that.

Are you having Kampfield thread 5/8 24 and add a coller,than blending it in or is he threading it smaller and adding a 5/8 24 adapter over that.
He threads at 5/8-24, a bit long, threads the collar on and sets it with permanent loctite, and then profiles it and faces it so that blends into the original contour and the face is perpendicular to the bore.

Very similar to the YouTube video that Ultimate Reloader did on the subject.

I have a Banish 30 I use with multiple rifles including a Tikka 6.5 PRC with a Bartlein 2B barrel and a REM 700 in 28 NOS with a Bartlein 3 barrel. Both barrels have 1/2x28 threads and I use a simple 5/8x24 thread adapter from Silencer Central with no probs.

I have a Banish 30 I use with multiple rifles including a Tikka 6.5 PRC with a Bartlein 2B barrel and a REM 700 in 28 NOS with a Bartlein 3 barrel. Both barrels have 1/2x28 threads and I use a simple 5/8x24 thread adapter from Silencer Central with no probs.
Thank you I have contacted a gun smith in my area and will take the rifle to him to have a look at it.