Barrel Profile and Suppressors

TheViking

Finally ordered up a suppressor, pretty stoked about it! I got a Silencer Central Banish Backcountry.

I have some questions hopefully you guys with some experience can answer.

I currently have a Tikka 6.5 PRC Roughtech - it has the D3 profile or whatever fluted barrel. End OD is like .73" on a 24.3" barrel. Could I hang a can on here?

It's a small can, but I'm going to get an aftermarket barrel to shorten it up. (hence the post)

Been tossing around getting a Preferred Barrels taperless .750 @ 22" - would that be ok to put a can on it?

Also looking at a CarbonSix featherweight profile @ 22" - same question. Going to a Sendero isn't a big deal, I believe it'll only be like 3oz heavier. I am trying to make this build light as possible (within reason). That's why I am looking into the thinner profile barrels.

Any kind rule of thing on barrel profile vs length to hang a can??

Also open to other barrel manufactures, those are the main two that I am familiar with (also Proof, but they are hundreds more). PB and C6 are having BF deals, so I'd like to take advantage of that.

Edit: can with be 5/8x24 direct thread, so will be the barrel

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I have the preferred barrels Tikka hybrid at 22" on my Tikka and it shoots. the barrel is perfect for putting a can on and they can thread it 5/8x24 which is the same (at least on my roughtech) as the thread on the brake that came with it.
I went with a 22" barrel and with the suppressor (silencer co Omega 300 - 6.75") the total barrel length is 27.5". I have the silencer co brake and quick attach mount which makes it sit down on the barrel just over an inch (that's why the math doesn't add up using just the figures I listed.
Anyway, if you have any questions email preferred. They've always been super-fast to reply to any question I had.

I have the preferred barrels Tikka hybrid at 22" on my Tikka and it shoots. the barrel is perfect for putting a can on and they can thread it 5/8x24 which is the same (at least on my roughtech) as the thread on the brake that came with it.
I went with a 22" barrel and with the suppressor (silencer co Omega 300 - 6.75") the total barrel length is 27.5". I have the silencer co brake and quick attach mount which makes it sit down on the barrel just over an inch (that's why the math doesn't add up using just the figures I listed.
Anyway, if you have any questions email preferred. They've always been super-fast to reply to any question I had.
I'm running a 22 inch bartlein carbon with the exact same suppressor it's a Shooter!

Let me add this this -

How much do your rifles w/ cans weigh all setup?
Mine is a target rifle that I hunt with not a lightweight hunting rifle so it is heavy.
72152041905__F58F5F2C-3DC3-444C-B6A3-4A43B1E33EA6.jpeg

Never saw this profile - just checked it out, looks great and light! The spec sheet says 45oz, which is 2.8#s and that's at 24", so at 22" it'll be even lighter.

This might be the route I go!