Barrel length and how long is long enough?

For magnums, my magic number is 32". Mounted in a fixed-buttstock long-action rifle, that's the longest barrel that will fit in a Pelican V800 double rifle case.

In magnum rifles, I see about 150 fps difference between 26" and 32".
Velocity is great, but what about accuracy? Do you lug around a 32in barreled hunting gun? Target only, me thinks. This test was about velocity tests at various length. We all know it's nice to keep the velocity high, but not at the expense of es and sd.

Velocity is great, but what about accuracy? Do you lug around a 32in barreled hunting gun? Target only, me thinks. This test was about velocity tests at various length. We all know it's nice to keep the velocity high, but not at the expense of es and sd.
My 32" barrel rifles are typically 1/2" moa with handloads. Based on my small sample of 32" vs 26" I think my rifles with shorter barrels are a little more accurate, but don't seem to do any better on es / sd.

The extra 6 inches of barrel (and heavier contour to keep muzzle diameter up) add about a pound and a half. I'm a little bit of a wuss when it comes to recoil, and actually prefer a little heavier rifle if chambered for a magnum cartridge.

Carry weight of the dead animal is more of an issue for me than carry weight of the rifle.

My 32" barrel rifles are typically 1/2" moa with handloads. Based on my small sample of 32" vs 26" I think my rifles with shorter barrels are a little more accurate, but don't seem to do any better on es / sd.

The extra 6 inches of barrel (and heavier contour to keep muzzle diameter up) add about a pound and a half. I'm a little bit of a wuss when it comes to recoil, and actually prefer a little heavier rifle if chambered for a magnum cartridge.

Carry weight of the dead animal is more of an issue for me than carry weight of the rifle.
Ounces is pounds and pounds is tons. Uggghh..