Barrel blemish

Dirtdevil

So I made the mistake of buying a teslong camera to see if I was getting my barrels clean Talk about opening up a can of worms. I found a spot in a barrel that concerns me Pic posted. It's a factory stainless Remington barrel. Older model in 300 saum My guess is it a bad spot in the steel the barrel was made from. What's you thoughts. Is it even worth trying to shoot this rifle ?

Attachments

• IMG_1383.png
    IMG_1383.png
    221.3 KB · Views: 120
Interesting isn't it?
I bought one recently also.
Going to examine blanks BEFORE they get machined and I potentially spend several hundred rounds and hours in a hopeless situation. Again.

So I made the mistake of buying a teslong camera to see if I was getting my barrels clean Talk about opening up a can of worms. I found a spot in a barrel that concerns me Pic posted. It's a factory stainless Remington barrel. Older model in 300 saum My guess is it a bad spot in the steel the barrel was made from. What's you thoughts. Is it even worth trying to shoot this rifle ?
All you can do is shoot it and find out

Everything is magnified substantially on a bore scope. Look at your fingerprint with it and you will see.

I've seen worse from Remington. Shoot it, copper will fill it in eventually. I got a couple Remingtons that look like the bore was cut with a screwdriver as you get close to the crown. It may not be a benchrest rifle with that barrel but even the bad Remington barrels usually shoot minute of deer

Recent Posts