BALLISTICS AE VS APPLIED BALLISTICS (applied seems to be high)

jdmecomber

Official LRH Sponsor
We have shot multiple weapons with the two different programs. So far it seems applied ballistics is higher and Jpm is spot on. I might have to look into this a little deeper. Anyone else seeing this?

I have ballistics AE and Shooter and they both work well. I tend to use Shooter more frequently and while hunting. In my opinion the layout is a little more intuitive and a little quicker for me to generate a shooting solution.

I was interested in Applied Ballisitics but from the threads on this forum it appears that it's still got a few bugs to work out.

Maybe I have some user error on Shooter

Could someone do me a huge favor and test their shooter program with this test
MOA
.243 win
105 Berger vld hunting
2930 fps
2.4 sight height
300 yard zero
Zero conditions
59degree
66% humid
330 direction of fire

Shooting conditions
60% humid
330 direction of fire

Im running into the same problem, I use applied ballistics as well and Sunday I was shooting at 495 and was hitting 4.5 inches high. My first thought was my crono was off. So I went on vortex website to use the lrbc to make compare. The lrbc was dead on for what I should of adjusted for at 495. But the interesting part was as I compared the two as the distance increased the two programs called for near the same adjustment. Guess I'm going to have to figure how to adjust part of the ballistics from 400-700 yards.

I just ran my buddies shooter program against my ballistics AE
ae vs shooter.
15.34 vs 16.9.

I can tell you shooter is way off. I will try again and see what happens

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts