badger medium high's and nxs 56mm?

Big_Tex22

already have the rings, but wanted the 8-32nxs which I believe only comes in 56mm, so will a 56mm fit with a 20moa base and heavy contour barrel on the badger medium highs?
THanks

This is a picture of my Premier Heritage, 56mm front objective, on a 20 moa base with Badger Max 50 1.125" rings and a MTU ( Heavy ) contour barrel. This is a Farrell base...so it might be a little taller than some...but it would give you an idea of a specific badger ring height with a similar set up to yours.

IMG_0993_zps9ef3814d.jpg

IMG_0994_zps161c0ef6.jpg

I could easily get away with a 1" set....but these came with the scope so I haven't saved extra funds to replace them.

Good Luck,

Wayne

I had to go back through one of my old posts but found it!

"According to Nightforce, if using a 20 moa bases and medium rings .885, a 56mm will fit on a Sendero/light varmint contour, but will not fit my Palma contour."

When trying to decide on scope objectives for my build, I talked to nightforce and that is what they said! I went with badger rings @.885 which is their medium. However, .885 is nightforces low rings.

Compare your barrel tapper to that of a Sendero/Light Varmint and see what is what.

I went through this recently. My shooting partner and I have been debating on what contour to rebarrel to. We both decided Rem Varmint is the way to go without having to change our set ups.

The rifle in the picture is a Varmint contour with, Badger 20MOA rail, Badger .885" rings, 56mm NXS with Aadmount scope caps. I measured with feeler gauges.

[
image_zps9c0ab69a.jpg

Awesome guys thanks for looking up those old posts and pictures. Perfect- looks like I'm gtg with the 1" and 56mm.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts