Bad morning for ALL involved here.....

Many would think the carcass is wasted. I totally disagree. Document what you need and drag the carcass into the woods/brush. There it will feed not only coyotes, foxes, birds of prey(vulture, buzzards, crows, ravens, hawks, etc.) as well as insects. What isn't consumed will decompose into and enrich the soil.

Top soil is composed of sediments as well as dead and decayed plant and animal matter. It takes at least 100 years for topsoil to form.
The bones of the deer will become source of nutrients for wildlife. I've read and seen squirrels and chipmunks gnaw on the bones and antlers.

Mother nature ensures that nothing goes to waste.

Even when you shoot a good buck and are cannot find it regardless of how much you search for it. You'll go home empty handed but the wildlife will benefit from your loss. Nothing goes to waste.

5 years ago my wife and I were coming back to town and we were in separate vehicles. She had a mule deer doe jump in front of her on the freeway, she jumped in from the right shoulder of the road. My wife although doing a bit over 75 mph managed to steer her Cherokee left a bit and hit the doe in the head with the passenger side headlight. The doe scraped the passenger side of the vehicle and that was pretty much all the damage sustained. The vehicle was still in driving condition and thankfully no one was hurt. Her quick reaction saved her and my mother in law that was riding with her

I was about half a mile back, but one couple and their infant were driving behind my wife and ran over the doe and it did a number on their sedan. Again luckily no one was hurt and we ended up giving them a ride to town.

God was watching all of them that day, because it could've been pretty bad, especially at those speeds.

The doe was destroyed so we could not recover it.

before and after....

IMG_9291.JPG

IMG_1057%202_zpsmapwnggc.jpg

Here we go again……and it's not really even the time of year I normally expect these. This one is rather sad, I must admit. I so wish that animals could understand the dangers associated with our roadways. Operator of the Mustang "Cobra" was NOT hurt, but the doe and her 2 unborn fawns perished. The impact @ 55 mph literally exploded the doe pretty much emptying out everything in her body cavity…..including the fawns. This genuinely saddened me 🙁. Please be careful out there, folks.
4070A4E0-299A-4759-B047-DDF9125D5230.jpegA24B2681-253E-4C20-B2D4-DA525E76B661.jpeg4C5A8237-66AE-4C77-95B8-71C61F3CBC60.jpeg7FA5664D-3554-4532-B941-AFA90CE4FF7F.jpeg