Bad morning for ALL involved here.....

Time to revive his thread……again. This time the poor lady driving the van swerved to avoid hitting a buck, left the roadway and drove head on into a tree instead. She went to the hospital with some apparent minor injuries….and possibly a broken wrist. The buck made it across the road unscathed and continued his search for girlfriends. Folks, I sure don't wanna hear or read about any of you getting hurt. Slow down just a little bit and be ever watchful.

View attachment 308502
View attachment 308503
That's the reason I drive a 3500 dually. Big enough that if I do hit one it will hopefully do the deer more damage than me.

My wife few years back hit deer going to work .Totaled rav 4,guy helping her "thats the biggest buck I've seen" we find out at dinner.Just down from house ,my son and i go down ,of course horns gone.We horn hunt every year.Guy salvaged a 6x6 on our way to work last fall around flathead lake,minutes in front of us

A guy I worked with almost lost his son to a buck. Came into his van via front window and dam near kicked him to death. His poor son had to have some reconstructive surgery done to his face.

Interesting timing, I hit my first deer this evening on the way home from work. Little button buck stepped out of the weeds and I couldn't stop or swerve fast enough. Killed my turn signal, sprayed guts on the tire, and punched a hole underneath the passenger side door. It was after dark so that made it harder to avoid unfortunately.

Attachments

• IMG_20211102_190721400.jpg
    IMG_20211102_190721400.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20211102_190806296.jpg
    IMG_20211102_190806296.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20211102_190735037.jpg
    IMG_20211102_190735037.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Interesting timing, I hit my first deer this evening on the way home from work. Little button buck stepped out of the weeds and I couldn't stop or swerve fast enough. Killed my turn signal, sprayed guts on the tire, and punched a hole underneath the passenger side door. It was after dark so that made it harder to avoid unfortunately.
Man sorry to hear that. Glad you're okay. I hope things will be better for you tomorrow.

Those were some gnarly bases on the old bruiser.....
Idaho..to claim a roadkill it has to be "tagged"....pick it up and get info to fish and game dept....or pickit and get ticket......
Idaho lays claim to all game animals....if you hit one your are allowed to keep it to offset expenses........
Idaho has salvage laws. You call it in and take it and they will mail you a tag. Doesnt matter who hit it. Ive done it.

Normally I wouldnt think anything about a deer vs. vehicle collision, but this one is out of the norm. Guy driving his Chevy Trailblazer in the left-hand lane of our local highway here hits this "BRUISER" and knocks it into a Dodge Charger being driven by......wait for it........none other than HIS WIFE in the right-hand lane next to him. Nobody was injured, two vehicles totaled, a "shooter" buck now adorns the roadside and I've got some paper-work ahead of
That shouldn't be allowed, they should have to take the whole deer and dispose of anything that they can't use or don't want ! I was a deputy wildlife officer in PA for 25 years, and anyone could pick the deer up, but had to notify a warden or division office and get a permit to keep it ! The hide and head would have to be turned in. They would sell the buck heads and capes, also other road killed animals would be sold to people that wanted them to mount !
It shouldn't be allowed to take the antlers only? I've often wondered why someone would want road killed antlers. But looking from the outside in, it's just fine for the State to take the heads and antlers? Anyone that's skinned a deer after a solid wack on a vehicle probably won't do it twice. I sure won't especially if it totaled out 2 vehicles! I've often wondered why the States are entitled but the peasants are not, except for the bruised up meat and insurance deductibles.

Well, this time it was the vehicle that apparently kept going and the buck that met it's demise. 😐 No 'paperwork' on this one.

View attachment 308683
I drag them out of the road if I hit them. Dispatch them if necessary, I just can't leave an animal to suffer. I've tried to salvage a couple too many road kills to waste the time salvaging destruction.

So many deer hits in my county I used to run the spotlight and side take down lights pointed at the ditches looking for deer. I was once behind a vehicle and saw a buck running through the field straight at the road and on an intercept path for the vehicle ahead. I tried everything to warn the motorist with emergency lights, flashing spotlight, made myself look like a deranged UFO, but alas, the buck blew up on their front grill! Mustang parts flying like lego pieces. Nobody hurt thank god.

So many deer hits in my county I used to run the spotlight and side take down lights pointed at the ditches looking for deer. I was once behind a vehicle and saw a buck running through the field straight at the road and on an intercept path for the vehicle ahead. I tried everything to warn the motorist with emergency lights, flashing spotlight, made myself look like a deranged UFO, but alas, the buck blew up on their front grill! Mustang parts flying like lego pieces. Nobody hurt thank god.
Oddly enough this almost happened to me while on-duty yesterday. Was headed home to grab some lunch and saw this fella 'haulin the mail' across a field on a collision course with my cruiser. I saw him soon enough and had time to stop and grab my phone really quick. He stopped short of my cruiser and then ran around me and kept going. Check it out…
3064F0DD-E571-429C-9463-BC5E4BC620AA.jpegD60CAF11-4FF3-40C2-B917-CCB239A0F2BA.jpegC3121724-05D1-4888-A70F-6F3754C63076.jpeg7827DF87-CD28-421C-9285-BECF76E3F528.jpegEB837A3B-B6EE-48C0-929C-A9D99EBB91C5.jpeg

A friend's granddaughter was killed a few years ago when she hit an elk on her way back to the university in Flagstaff after a weekend at home. The elk went through the windshield, she died instantly. Pitifully only a few are aware of the elk migration a couple times a year. I would have thought the university would educate the students of this.