backpack with large scabbard hole.

Timmyatneb

I own an eberlistock back pack but putting my rifle in the scabbard is a PITA. The bipod is tough to fit in the whole any ideas or recommendations. Is there a large scabbard i can somhow strap to my eberlistock pack that i allready own?

Eberlestock makes a wide mouth version of thier dragonfly. I personally use a kifaru duplex frame with an aux gunbearer or Eberlestock scabbard with malice clips. Kifaru is also releasing a new bag that's supposed to carry big rifles, I believe it's called the mountain rambler.

I have the Eberle Gunslinger 2 with the large scabbard. It makes it a ton easier to get a big rifle in and out of the pack.

I'm looking at the new Kifaru pack, don't know how it will do with an attached bipod, I'm running a H2 Gunrunner and had to make all my bipods quick detach which works better. Eberlestock is anti long range hunting, won't be buying their product anymore!!

Here is that new kifaru pack with a big rifle and bipod. I'm not sure I like that the meat goes in a load sling between the rifle and and pack, putting the rifle further away I prefer it against the pack. I guess the only way to know for sure is to try it though
Mountain Rambler with Sniper Rifle: [ame]http://youtu.be/jQ3V43NBjnU[/ame]

I'm looking at the new Kifaru pack, don't know how it will do with an attached bipod, I'm running a H2 Gunrunner and had to make all my bipods quick detach which works better. Eberlestock is anti long range hunting, won't be buying their product anymore!!
Yep, this is true and their scabbards built in to the packs are way too short to work with long barreled rifles anyhow.

My G3 is my one and only purchase from them and will remain so.

Even before the LR hunting flap they chose the wrong side of I had called to talk with their development people explaining the issue with the built in scabbard and asking if they could modify it to make it longer and the girl was rather rude and just blew me off.

I was done with them at that point anyhow.

Brentc, I love your comment, I have just ordered the gunslinger II from Eberlestock. I hope it comes quickly :)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.